It's been a while... how is everyone?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
How is everyone? It's been a while since I've surfed MLO and I feel so behind with regards to not only the speakers ML has released but also the folks here who I've been so close with.

From what I gather, Burke and Wayne are M.I.A. Twich aka pops is now near my post count. Alan sent me a thanksgiving pm which I just got today. A bunch of people have CLX. Is satch till around? Cherian - what you got going on now and how's the new place? So many people...

Anyway, as for me, things are well and definitely looking forward to getting into audio again in the near future.

Hope everyone is well!

Joey;)

Good to see you back Joey -

You won't remember me but i remember you. I came down with that disease that is named after you, but after some effective medication (see below), it is coming under control. I know there is no cure, and that is the way i like it.

Hey Joey,

Good to see you posting again. How have you been? Hope Med school/residency is going well for you. Did you see the thread about ML production moving to Canada? Lots going on around here lately.

Twich aka pops is now near my post count.

getting nervous ....LOL !

good to hear from you kiddo, as Rich said I hope all is going well for you in the medical field.

As you may have read Tim (MiTT) and I were granted a set of 'Motion' speakers complete with subwoofer to have a go at for the past month and they have proven to be a competent performer for their size and $$ outlay.

Thanks a lot guys!

Residency is going well.. going to be a 3rd year resident this June. I learned that the best way for me to survive NOT having great speakers/audio is to completely go cold turkey and cut myself off from the community.

I figured that if I get a whiff of what's going on, the disease sets in and without the proper funding/placement, it would drive me NUTS.

Still not have an audiophile grade system yet, still chugging along with the Klipsch Reference set up that use for HT/PS3/360. Not bad, but I've stopped critically listening to my audio files. I just take it in like any regular guy now.

I've stopped listening for boominess in the lower frequencies, I've stopped trying to isolate the vocals from the background music, I've stopped listening for soundstage. It was freaky at first but I haven't listened like I used to in almost 2 years.

I've even stopped going into audio stores, checking the latest/greatest on audiogon or here.

I'm still NOT back, but I just like to plug into this particular community mainly because a lot of you guys are great family.

I'll be around, of course. I envy you guys with great systems. One day again.... but now sooner than ever before.

Joey :music:

Hey! It's Doc Holliday!, er... Billie the Kid, er... Doc the Kid, er... Joey the Kid the Doc!

Good to see you around. A lot of people have drifted away over the years, it's nice to see a few drift back.

Nice to hear from ya, kid!

Collectively, we've saved ~$1 million in upgrades since you left the board! In fact, the entire high-end audio industry is in the doldrums, and holding their breath waiting for your return! They will NOT be happy to hear you're now contemplating a Fellowship!

In the meantime, I've done my share to keep the industry in the black, recently upgrading to the C-J Premier 350 amp, and just a couple weeks ago to the CT5 preamp (still breaking in, but struggling with ground loop and RFI issues).

BTW, did you hear the news about your buddy (http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30097) Mark Schifters arrest, on fraud charges? Sad.

Good luck in your final year of Residency, and keep us posted on things!

Last edited:
Joey,

What residency did you end up doing? FP? I can't remember! Sounds like it is going well for you! That is great to hear!

Be cool!

Hey kiddo, good to hear from you.

Keep focused on the important things, this hobby (and most of us) will still be around when the time comes.

Cheers,

Thanks all!

I did ER residency.

After residency, I get to shop for the house and I will make sure I include space for a dedicated, sound-treated room.

This is so EXCITING!

I must leave this board... I can feel the temptation again!

BTW, nice to hear from all of you.... where's the rest of the guys? Perhaps Tony and I will be neighbors in TX when I move to Dallas?

Tom... I am sooo glad you still have my Summits!

And... LOL to Alan! That post had me rolling on the floor!!!! I am glad I helped keep money in our forum members' bank accounts!!

Nice to hear from ya, kid!

Collectively, we've saved ~$1 million in upgrades since you left the board! In fact, the entire high-end audio industry is in the doldrums, and holding their breath waiting for your return! They will NOT be happy to hear you're now contemplating a Fellowship!

In the meantime, I've done my share to keep the industry in the black, recently upgrading to the C-J Premier 350 amp, and just a couple weeks ago to the CT5 preamp (still breaking in, but struggling with ground loop and RFI issues).

BTW, did you hear the news about your buddy (http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30097) Mark Schifters arrest, on fraud charges? Sad.

Good luck in your final year of Residency, and keep us posted on things!

http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/av123-mark-schifter-indicted-grand-jury

Alan... this is nuts!

Hello Joey,

How have you neen? I have been on the road a lot this year. I just got back from Cairo Egypt and am looking forward to spending a few weeks at home with the family.

Yes Wayne and Burke are MIA. I'm sure they have just been busy. Stay in touch and maybe we can all get together this summer.

Cherian

Hello Joey,

How have you neen? I have been on the road a lot this year. I just got back from Cairo Egypt and am looking forward to spending a few weeks at home with the family.

Yes Wayne and Burke are MIA. I'm sure they have just been busy. Stay in touch and maybe we can all get together this summer.

Cherian

For sure man... u got my number, email and we always got MLO. :D

Good to see you back Joey -

You won't remember me but i remember you. I came down with that disease that is named after you, but after some effective medication (see below), it is coming under control. I know there is no cure, and that is the way i like it.

Hahaha! Joeyitis works on many levels... I've found out that it pertains to other things other than audio. :ROFL:

Hey Joey,

Good to see you posting again. How have you been? Hope Med school/residency is going well for you. Did you see the thread about ML production moving to Canada? Lots going on around here lately.

I saw that, buddy. It's sad, most definitely. They've got so many new speakers out that I can't keep up being away for so long.

Hey Joey, what kind of speakers do you think you're going to get? Welcome back.

Klipsch for now... until I get my room. Then likely something along the lines of a CLX or similar. I won't be surprised if I go Wilson though.

Welcome back to the club - don't have such a long absence next time!

I try I try....!

Hey! It's Doc Holliday!, er... Billie the Kid, er... Doc the Kid, er... Joey the Kid the Doc!

Good to see you around. A lot of people have drifted away over the years, it's nice to see a few drift back.

Hey... I don't think I'll ever leave. :p

Hey kiddo, good to hear from you.

Keep focused on the important things, this hobby (and most of us) will still be around when the time comes.

Cheers,

Jon - you are a voice of reason. It's nice to know you guys are always here.

Awesome, nice to hear from you Joey!

Thanks, Andy! It's great to see you're still around as well! Anything new with your system?

Back