Thanks fellas!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Joey, I just read this thread and my jaw dropped! But I've been in your shoes, and fully understand. At least Tom is getting your Summits, so their legacy will be preserved! I predict that after a few months of 24 hr calls, you'll be chomping at the bit for a new audio escape, and will be back in the game (whether it be ML's or otherwise). Medicine, like audio, is forever woven into the fabric of your life. Take care, and enjoy the lifelong journey you are about to begin!

Yess!!

Big T is getting my Summits! I gave him as good a deal as I could because I'd rather sell it sooner than later (while I'm still relatively free as I'm still on residency orientation) and it's best to see my Summits grace the room of good ol' Prez!

Man... Tom has one deep voice. Scared me over the phone....

I'm going to pack up the Summits once I get back to the condo... any thoughts on freight? Tom prefers FedEx freight, but we're always open to users' thoughts/opinions/experiences!

Thanks guys!

And no more goodbyes please... I'm always around!
;)

I just lost my MLs for club membership.... but I'm hoping Tom allows for this exception.

Last edited:
You know what Joey, this isn't that big of a deal. Always remember that life isn't about the destination, but rather the journey. You're just taking a different path right now. No regrets.

Hey, I do have some recommendations that I'll post for you over in your bookshelf speaker thread.

One other thing, after your soujourn in Cary land, I'm not so sure you're gonna be happy with a Krell integrated. You may want to check out the Ayre integrated or surely Cary's got some integrated amps as well?

Glad you'll still be around to converse, and also glad you're Summits are going to the big guy!

Geeesh, I go away camping for the weekend and look what happens....

Joey, good luck with whatever direction you go.

I'd like to start to pool to see who can come closest to predicting how many days Joey can last without a reference audio system...:devil: ...2 months?...2 weeks?...2 Days?...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like Bob, I go to the mtns for a little R&R this weekend, come home and "the kid" is having a fire sale ! Gulp......Joey, as the others have said, but a mere bump in the road on your music / audio journey.

I'll give you a call soon.

Your commentary will be missed... I'm getting a b*tchin' case of amplifier Joey-itus just so I have something to remember you by... :D LOL

~VDR

Just like Bob, I go to the mtns for a little R&R this weekend, come home and "the kid" is having a fire sale ! Gulp......Joey, as the others have said, but a mere bump in the road on your music / audio journey.

I'll give you a call soon.

I'd like that, Pops.

Your commentary will be missed... I'm getting a b*tchin' case of amplifier Joey-itus just so I have something to remember you by... :D LOL

~VDR

Hahaha!! No worries, I went from thinking I could swear off audio to now building (mentally) a smaller but still satisfying system. I'm pretty sure the commentary will still be around! :)

See his previous post - answer: 0 days.

Geez... no faith. As much as I'd like to stick a pair of 802D in my bedroom, the objective side of me just told me that I could've done the same with the Summits. Sooo... it's more than likely not going to happen with the 802D. I'm definitely going to stick with bookshelves and augment with a Velo DD10 in the future if needed.

For now, I'm sad to see my Cary 05 go since I now have a buyer... and the Plinny is next, I just know it. I'm going to stick with an integrated now. I am looking heavily at the Cary SLI80 for what may be the Cremona Auditors.

Though some part of me is telling me to keep the Plinius and get something like a Rogue Perseus preamp to get the party started with the Auditors.

Ah, I'm talking to myself again...

... maybe I shouldn't sell the 05 and keep the combo to use with the Auditors in my room.. then add the DD10 later.

What a wacky week.

Bottomline, I just need a system in the bedroom...

Joey,

Sorry for my late reply.:eek: I want to say thanks to you for being such a valuable part of this club of ours.:) Even though you are giving the audio thing a breather for a while, I still look forward to your visits here with us. And once you do get back into audio once again, I can only imagine what your setup is going to be like. It's going to be insanely spectacular!

The best to you my friend!

Seth

joey, here's one for your new joeyitis

SR-404_2.jpg

Whats this? I leave for just a few months only to find you parting ways with your system? Oh well, it's not like your spoiled butt even lifted a finger to bring home that rig anyway. At least this time around, you can say you genuinely earned it. :p:D

In all seriousness bud; you've got a wonderful future ahead of you. I think you've made the right choice. Now the question really becomes; how long can you live with a substitute system in the bedroom and not end up spending a ridiculous amount of cash on it? Sure, you may start off with the right intentions - but all bets are on you ending up with the Guarneri Momentos and some exotic integrated in a years time!

No worries, Joey. This place will still here when you 'come home (to the MLOC)' in 2-3 years. Take your time, enjoy your career and family.

You'll be back before you know it.

Erik

Damn, Joey! I didn't deal much with the forum for a week or so, and look what happens! :eek: I found myself reading your "Last listening session" thread and Tom getting your Summits, and you can imagine the double-take and "What the...?" moment I had. So I went searching and found this thread. Reading through it I now know your reasons, and I've got a few things I'd like to say.

First, don't worry about having to do this right now at this point in your life. Everybody here, including yourself as you stated, knows that this is just hiatus for a couple of years. We all know you'll get back into this when you're ready again (and heck, it might not even be ML's). You just do what you have to do.

Next, don't worry about the two to three years you're going to have to wait. It may seem like a long time to you and others on this forum, but trust me from the view of 61 years old; Its not worth worrying about. As little as ten or fifteen years down the road, the time will seem so short you'll be amazed.

Finally, oddly enough, I don't believe you'll be missed that much ... because I don't think you'll be able to stay away! :D Look up at the top of the page and note that it says this is the "Martin Logan Club", not the "Only Own Martin Logan Equipment Right Now Club". So please don't stay away simply because you don't have ML equipment at the moment. Its the experience that adds to this club, and you've got as much or more of that as any of the rest of us.

So I don't have a problem with you going away from audio for awhile, but only if you keep us posted!

Good luck, Joey.

Last edited:
Back