How satisfied are you with your Martin Logan system for 2ch listening?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stesom:

How do you like that Shelter 9000? Just got one today, no time to get to it till this issue has been put to bed.. Have you had a 90x in the past by chance? If so, what do you think?

As much of a vinyl lover as I am, I have to agree with you wholeheartedly on the good CD player thing. I just stepped up to the Naim 555 and I have never enjoyed digital this much! I've heard your ARC and it is an awesome player too. I guess after a while, you get tired of fiddling with VTA.

(don't get me wrong, I still do it!) I think between adding the 555 and having the Summits broken in, I'm done! Other than maybe an interconnect here or there....

Stesom:

How do you like that Shelter 9000? Just got one today, no time to get to it till this issue has been put to bed.. Have you had a 90x in the past by chance? If so, what do you think?

As much of a vinyl lover as I am, I have to agree with you wholeheartedly on the good CD player thing. I just stepped up to the Naim 555 and I have never enjoyed digital this much! I've heard your ARC and it is an awesome player too. I guess after a while, you get tired of fiddling with VTA.

(don't get me wrong, I still do it!) I think between adding the 555 and having the Summits broken in, I'm done! Other than maybe an interconnect here or there....

The 9000 is my first Shelter cartridge so I cannot compare it to the 90x. I found the 9000 to be very neutral throughout the frequency range with a lot of detail but not over the top high end. Base was solid and full and I felt that it was giving me everything that the record had on it. I am very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone. It is a great compliment to the TNT JMW 12.6+ and tracked everything without an issue and I listen to a lot of solo piano......Steve

wow, that summs up how I felt about the 90x...

Can't wait to get that 9000 out of the box now! I'll keep you posted..

Back