Dual voltage AV receivers or separates

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralflar

Reaction score
I am looking for an AV receiver or a pre-pro/amp combo which can be bought here in the US and run on either 110/120V or 220-240V, without internal modifications. The only brand I know which does that is Arcam.

Which other brands should I look at?

I am looking for an AV receiver or a pre-pro/amp combo which can be bought here in the US and run on either 110/120V or 220-240V, without internal modifications. The only brand I know which does that is Arcam.

Which other brands should I look at?

Hmmm. Interesting question. I'm stumped though, sorry.:eek:

I had a bit more luck in my research.

Bits of info here and there indicate that neither of these brands qualify: Classe, Denon, Outlaw Audio, NAD, Rotel, Yamaha.

OTOH, I remembered the name Emotiva from when I was researching power amps last year. AV123 sold this brand then. They no longer do so but Emotiva's web home can be found easily enough. All of their stuff appears to be dual voltage.

I searched this board for related information and came up mostly blank. IWalker bought the LMC-1; I cannot find a follow up, though. Socialxray wrote that Emotiva's high-end models are based on Sunfire designs.

So now I am off researching Emotivas. Does anyone here have any experience with that brand?

Thanks for the link, D. This concerns me though: "Please do NOT contact Yamaha for any service or support on this item." Gray market.

And of course I should have mentioned that I am looking for something more refined for MCH playback.

Back