Covering a 15a panel with a pillow case

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

stereoman

Reaction score
DaveA mentioned he purchased pillow cases to cover the panels on his speakers. That’s a great idea, but I couldn’t find a size that works for the 15a. I found a local supplier on Etsy who can make a custom-sized cover. I’m thinking of using a black silk material to avoid static electricity. Am I on the right track?

Brad225

Reaction score
Do you or someone you know have a sewing machine? Turn them inside out and sew them end to end for length. After that sew them to width and you are finished. If no sewing machine access pin them the size you want and take them to a dry cleaner. Most of the do alterations.

I would think it would be cheaper than custom made cover.
I'm cheap and a DIYer when ever possible.

If you don't like the color dye them black.

spkrdctr

Reaction score
Silk will work and you should not have to worry at all about static electricity and the panels. They make them very very durable, you can wash them, vacuum them and even puncture holes in them and they keep on ticking like an old Timex watch commercial. I have to say the one thing ML really does very well is make the speakers very durable for the materials they have to use (panels).

Robert D

Reaction score
Silk will work and you should not have to worry at all about static electricity and the panels. They make them very very durable, you can wash them, vacuum them and even puncture holes in them and they keep on ticking like an old Timex watch commercial. I have to say the one thing ML really does very well is make the speakers very durable for the materials they have to use (panels).
Just wondering, how does ML compare to other electrostat companies like Quad? How is durability? Do Quad speaker panels need replacing after 15-20 years?

FLT

Reaction score
My Classic 9 came with black custom covers as delivered. I use them whenever not listening.
is that not the case with the 15 ?

stereoman

Reaction score
You’re right, the 15a’s do come with a cover. However, it’s clunky because it covers the entire speaker, including the base cabinet. I want to cover the panel only, and be easy to use.

roni44

Reaction score
DaveA mentioned he purchased pillow cases to cover the panels on his speakers. That’s a great idea, but I couldn’t find a size that works for the 15a. I found a local supplier on Etsy who can make a custom-sized cover. I’m thinking of using a black silk material to avoid static electricity. Am I on the right track?
I've been doing regular pillow cases for years now, static was never a problem

JLasher22443

Reaction score
So the 15A's come with two separate covers for each speaker; one white and one black. How about you cut one to fit without the cabinet portion right at the seams? That would be a cheap and easy fix.

BDH55

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
So the 15A's come with two separate covers for each speaker; one white and one black. How about you cut one to fit without the cabinet portion right at the seams? That would be a cheap and easy fix.
Hmmm.... I only received a single cover for each of my 15a's. Maybe that is because I bought them during the sale last year! If so, I guess I'm happy to give up a speaker cover to save $5K!!! :ROFLMAO:

BigGuy

Reaction score
Silk is NOT a good choice...
<Is Silk Static Free? (How to De Static Silk Clothes Easily)>

spkrdctr

Reaction score
I guess I was thinking of it mechanically as it will not hurt anything. Of course cosmetically it is what it is. I'm not a cosmetic guy but I do see that for many people it will make a big difference.

Latest posts