Blu-ray’s Fuzzy Future

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blu Ray you say? Well, I've just moved into HD-DVD... the truly "dead" format. Reason? Star Trek The Original Series season one - with the remastered special effects. The best Sci-Fi TV series ever made bar none.

HD-DVD disks are now cheap, and they play in my PC's LG drive, just like Blu Ray. Also, this is NOT available on Blu Ray.

Do you really think that Paramount won't release the remastered Star Trek (all three seasons) on Blu-ray?

BTW, my money would be on the Liberator vs the Enterprise anyday! Zen FTW!

I expect they will, but I want it NOW!!! And it's much cheaper than the BR release will be. And once it's on my hard drive, I don't really care what format it is in, though BR is a bit better.

My wife still fancies Avon... you're showing your English roots, RichTeer! And your age!:)

The chokepoint is the last mile, as well as the general second tier of the global network backbone, it's not ready for massive bandwidth demands that HD would place on it.

I can't believe you've only got 3mbps!! By the same token, I wouldn't underestimate the time it will take to get the global infrastructure ready.

Certainly for now though, it's BD.

Anyway - we'll see how it pans out - will be interesting.

Blu Ray you say? Well, I've just moved into HD-DVD... the truly "dead" format. Reason? Star Trek The Original Series season one - with the remastered special effects. The best Sci-Fi TV series ever made bar none.

HD-DVD disks are now cheap,

+1 I have a bunch of HD titles... purchased cheap and STTOS is an anchor title.

We'll see how they portray the young Kirk this summer.

Back