Audioraptured: retired march 1, 2010

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audioraptured

Reaction score
Well after 34 years of teaching Science, (Physics, Biology, Earth & Space Science), to middle and high school students I am proud to say good bye and good luck. Now which country do I fly to first?

Hey - congratulations!!

I wish I could retire about now.......I'm not even 34 years old yet, let alone been working for 34 years!

Well after 34 years of teaching Science, (Physics, Biology, Earth & Space Science), to middle and high school students I am proud to say good bye and good luck. Now which country do I fly to first?

34 years, hell you're but a 'pup'..LOL ! Congrats ...enjoy retirement !

BTW, 36 years for me in the Railroad industry come this Thursday, retirement, why bother, I'm having too much fun ! besides I married a school teacher, you know the drill !

Congratulations!

The subjects you taught captivated me as a youngster in the day. Those were some of my favorites in High school and beyond. Physics and Space Science still interest me as does String Theory and Grand Unification. The latest craze for me is the goins-on and results of the work being done at the LHC, a.k.a. Large Hadron Collidor in Switz./France. In fact the LHC made some news today! I never pursued studies in astro or theoretical physics, but they still grab my attention.

Wishing you many years of exciting possibilities in your retirement!

Retirement is a beautiful thing I did it 3 1/2 years ago and couldnt be happier assuming that you have already seen all of the great and beautiful parts of America I would probably head to Europe just for the history and seeing cities that are more than a few hundred years old.

Have you been to the Grand Canyon lately? how about Washington DC you could be there for weeks and not see it all. One of my intrests are presidential museums and librarys.

Science is great but History to me is much more interesting.

Best wishes

March 1st or April 1st?

Regardless, congrats and happy retirement and thanks for the 34 years of dedication.

Teaching is one of the most important yet under appreciated and also under paid jobs in the world. Seriously, thanks for doing it.

Conratulations on your retirement ,

I appreciate the importance of your work and I am sure you have influenced many a student over the years.

Class Dismissed!!!!!!

Congratulations! I retired three years ago, after 33 years, 1 month and 10 days (but who's counting?). I absolutely love not using an alarm clock anymore! I think you'll find that there is so much to do, that you'll wonder how you ever had time for work! :D

Congrats!! Time to take it easy, slow down and smell the roses.

Fly to Maui...

Audioraptured: retired

Thanks very much guys. I have been in almost every state and this May I get Mexico and then from San Diego up to Vegas to Hoover and the Grand Canyon and up to Bryce Canyon. Then down to friends in Phoenix and all site there, then across to New Mexico and Carlsbad and Roswell and a few other spots. I leave from Santa Fe. Next year I get Salt Lake City and then up through Idaho and on to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. I will then have them all from Fairbanks to Key West and from Honolulu up through Vancouver to Toronto, to Montreal and down to Bangor, Maine.
My wife is Finnsh so for the past 36 years we have gone there and done a dozen countries. I am very blessed to have her, family, friends and good health. My best to all of you and yours........

Last edited:
Congratulations on your retirement.

A wonderful time to take it all in and travel is a ball.

In Europe if you have not already been there, I highly recommend Munich and then a drive in the resort areas of Bavaria. The area is gorgeous and Germany remains one of my favorite places. I hope to get back there one day.

I am proud of my state and if you ever have the chance, come to Alaska and see one of the most beautiful places on Earth. And, if you do, contact me.

You know I think I saw Michael J. Fox say that exact 'Tag Line' during a commercial for the Winter Olympics.:D

Congrats on the new life of having time to yourself! I retired in 96 from the military. Unfortunately, still had to keep working due to four kids in various stages of education.

I only have 6 more years then hopefully, my wife, who is also a teacher (Special Ed) can support me for last four years until she is eligible for her retirement!

Gordon

Latest posts

Back