Anyone use the wireless kit from Martin Logan? The SWT-X Wireless Subwoofer Kit

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. I read your two last posts.

Here’s what I’d do.

if you don’t yet own the 1100x (plus interface), then find an outfit that will offer you an evaluation period with money back return.

Try it out. If you like it, keep it. If not, return it.

Anyone who thinks or claims to have a pre-computed best solution for your situation in advance is blowing smoke in your face.

One true near-field sub solution is a pair of great headphones. But I’m sure you wouldn’t be happy with that as a solution. I’m sure you won’t be happy with a solution that requires to to have your head clamped into just the right spot, either.

One more thing. Decide what you really want the sub to do. If it’s just LFE, Fine. Don’t lose sight the E stands for “Effect.” With LFE, it’s easy to overdo it.

if, on the other hand, it’s about music, then the room enters the picture, especially when more than one person is experiencing the result. The improvement brought about by a sub is subtle. If it isn’t, then you’re focusing on the wrong goal.

Elsewhere, I mentioned that for music listening (stereo), I just use the Montis pair. No subs. When asked, Why? I answered, because the Montis pair alone do what I want in that room, including a remarkable presentation of a concert grand, or The Ring, or a full orchestra playing The Rite of Spring.

Never forget stereo is at best an illusion, maybe to just one lucky person in the room. It should never be expected to replace The Real Thing for everyone.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Just realized that I was confusing ARC on the 1100x with the PBK I used on my BF210. Two separate devices!

I see that in order to have the sub front firing I have to take off the feet and move them to another side of the cabinet. No big deal I guess, but then all of the controls for the sub are on the bottom of the cabinet facing the ground? Is that right? I guess if im doing wireless and using the app for ARC and control of the sub then having them on the bottom where i cant adust them isnt a big deal? Seems like an odd way for them to place the controls.

Just realized that I was confusing ARC on the 1100x with the PBK I used on my BF210. Two separate devices!

I see that in order to have the sub front firing I have to take off the feet and move them to another side of the cabinet. No big deal I guess, but then all of the controls for the sub are on the bottom of the cabinet facing the ground? Is that right? I guess if im doing wireless and using the app for ARC and control of the sub then having them on the bottom where i cant adust them isnt a big deal? Seems like an odd way for them to place the controls.
Yes.

Front firing vs downward. Ive never had a downward firing sub, so have never compared. After reading this, it sounds like there isnt a huge difference between the two in how they sound. I should probably try both and compare. I am not worried about protecting the woofer because I dont have little kids and animals that will mess with it. It will also be aiming directly at the couch, so not much space between it and the couch. I was thinking having the sound waves go directly into the couch is better than having them hit the floor.

https://www.woofershub.com/down-fir... clarity, and intonation of individual tones.

https://www.martinlogan.com/en/product/swt-x-wireless-subwoofer-kit
Im considering adding a 2nd subwoofer behind my couch, close to it so as to act as a near field sub. I see that Martin Logan has a nice looking wireless kit that works with their sub woofers. Im thinking set up a Dynamo 1100x with this kit. How dependable is it, and how does it sound? Ive never used a wireless speaker before.

My other sub is a Martin Logan BF 210 at the right front area. Im thinking the 1100X should be plenty for a near field sub since I already have the BF210. Right now the bass is pretty good, but id like to be able to feel the bass more during music and movies. Right now I can feel it a bit, but not much.
although not a ML product how about a ButtKicker placed under the couch,but also not wireless

I use all my dynamos in front firing confguration. Yes, control panel downwards is pretty awakward but you can get L shaped RCA and XLR connectors, and if you are into power cable stuff, there is L adapter from Audioquest for around 20 eur. I like front firing better, for all the reasons you mentioned.

Just couple of thoughts -
if you can - get Dynamo 1600, it is different level to 1100 [I started with 1100/800 setup, now I am 4x1600 + 2x1100.
once you enter multi-sub realm, there is no way back, be ready for it, is addicitive.

Just out of my experience, YMMV, but I would add nearfield sub only as a 3rd sub, not second. If you have just one sub in front, there is a big chance your rear sub will stick out. When I started, I had similar setup, and I needed to play rear sub 9dB lower gain than front one. 3 subs is where it starts to get really interesting and you will see full benefit of multisub.

Good luck

“… 9..6.7 ML 13A, Focus, 6xMotion 35i [bed plane], 7xMotion 15i [height plane], 4xDynamo 1600x, 2xDynamo 1100x
Trinnov Altitude 32, Purifi&Ncore Amp, Room Treatment GIK Acoustics
Snake Oil: Mogami Cables, Kimber Cables, Isoacoustics”

1677405903520.jpeg

Fidji, the acoustic treatment is killer! 😊

I use all my dynamos in front firing confguration. Yes, control panel downwards is pretty awakward but you can get L shaped RCA and XLR connectors, and if you are into power cable stuff, there is L adapter from Audioquest for around 20 eur. I like front firing better, for all the reasons you mentioned.

if you can - get Dynamo 1600, it is different level to 1100 [I started with 1100/800 setup, now I am 4x1600 + 2x1100.
once you enter multi-sub realm, there is no way back, be ready for it, is addicitive.

Just out of my experience, YMMV, but I would add nearfield sub only as a 3rd sub, not second. If you have just one sub in front, there is a big chance your rear sub will stick out. When I started, I had similar setup, and I needed to play rear sub 9dB lower gain than front one. 3 subs is where it starts to get really interesting and you will see full benefit of multisub.

Good luck
I hadn't thought too much about 3. I figured since the front right has the BF 210, having the 1100x behind the couch should blend in ok without having to keep the gain on the nearfield too much. I've got room for more subs, but don't want to go all out now because I plan on building a new home once building prices come back to earth. I'm just wanting a quick fairly low price way to add some impact to bass.
Do you think adding a 1600x now, having just one bf 210 currently, would be a waste? Would I just end up turning down the gain more than I would on the 1100x, and it would sound the same? Would the extra output of the 1600x just make it more likely to stand out compared to the 1100x?

Good luck
I will be using the wireless connection, so I won't have to worry about the RCA plug coming in on the bottom. I am concerned about the power plug, but since Martin Logan engineered this sub to work like this, isn't there more than enough clearance for the power cord to plug in and run out without being bent badly against the floor? Did you have to go out and buy a special cord with a 90 degree plug?

I will be using the wireless connection, so I won't have to worry about the RCA plug coming in on the bottom. I am concerned about the power plug, but since Martin Logan engineered this sub to work like this, isn't there more than enough clearance for the power cord to plug in and run out without being bent badly against the floor? Did you have to go out and buy a special cord with a 90 degree plug?

stock power cord is L shaped, so no issues here. some people believe in aftermarket cords to improve the sound. ( I buy shielded cords for everything (supra) same as I have in my walls. I do not claim any sonic benefits.

stock power cord is L shaped, so no issues here. some people believe in aftermarket cords to improve the sound. ( I buy shielded cords for everything (supra) same as I have in my walls. I do not claim any sonic benefits.
Oh wow, I didn't know it comes with an L shaped plug. That's good news. I'm now leaning toward getting the larger 1600x.

Time to contact Shawn at DaVinci media in a couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Back