Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atlantic Records: The House That Ahmet Built

Just got done watching this thourghly engrossing DVD about the history of Atlantic Records and Ahmet Ertegun the man who started Atlantic Records, which is really a documentary on the roots and evolution of Blues into Rock-n-Roll. A must see. My only complaint was Ahmet started Atlantic as a Jazz Label, Because of his love of Jazz. But nowhere in the documentary did they cover John Coltrane,Ornette Coleman, or Charles Mingus, all Jazz greats and Atlantic Artists. A must watch.

This one sounds / looks interesting Wayne.

Myself this AM, I'm enjoying a piece of vinyl I picked up while in NYC last week, Chuck Mangione, "Jazz Brother" album. It traces his early years with his older brother Gap. Might just be the best damn five bucks I ever spent !!

Attachments

• jazzbrother.jpg
    jazzbrother.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
The new Cowboy Junkies for me. Very well recorded pretty laid back even for them.

Attachments

• cbj_pathsLG.jpg
    cbj_pathsLG.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 138
I stepped back into 1991,

Psychedelic Furs: World Outside

Typcially early 90s CD recording, not very good, although some good music to remind me of my earlier years.

Attachments

• furs.jpg
    furs.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 141
Just got this from Amazon yesterday Erasure "On the road to Nashville". This is a wonderful DVD / CD combo. Erasure playing some of their hits to a Country / Bluegrass sound. This is a super live CD / DVD.

Last night I recorded Soundstage "Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation" So far I like it.

Attachments

• 51tQIfvks1L._SS500_.jpg
    51tQIfvks1L._SS500_.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Blackfield

For those who like Porcupine Tree, you must be aware Steve Wilson has another band, called Blackfield.

From Blackfield’s second album, creatively named 'Blackfield II', the song 'My Gift of Silence' is an awesome prog-ballad mixed with Steve's usual attention to detail. Just wish it were available on DVD-A like the PT discs.

Attachments

• folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 141
Hanging out listening with my listening buddy before the rest of the family wakes up.
Dave Matthews Some Devil. It comes with a bonus CD of live material, and that's what I'm listening to this morning.
John Mayer The Village Sessions. All of the songes are on his Continuum album, but these are acoustic version. I like this CD a lot better than Continuum, even though it's only 6 tracks. I couldn't find this locally - Had to order online.

Attachments

• Sydney3sml.JPG
    Sydney3sml.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Pict195_16Sep07.jpg
    Pict195_16Sep07.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 111
Just got my MoFi Gold copy this week

:music: Natalie Merchant ~ Tigerlilly:music:

Attachments

• udcd771large.jpg
    udcd771large.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 77
Just got these three CDs from Amazon. I can highly recommend all three. “Les Cris de Paris” has one of the best sound stage I have ever listened to.

Attachments

• 51rK47L-SLL._SS500_.jpg
    51rK47L-SLL._SS500_.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 418SBJF4NJL._SS500_.jpg
    418SBJF4NJL._SS500_.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 51004PJ134L._SS500_.jpg
    51004PJ134L._SS500_.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 171
Duke Ellington: Piano in The Background Columbia CS 8346 Classic reissue
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers Blue Note 4003 reissue

Attachments

• Albums.jpg
    Albums.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 163
Just got the latest from Ben Harper - Lifeline.
The liner notes read, "The record was recorded in 7 days on a 16 track analog tape machine. No computers or pro-tools were used anywhere in the process." I don't know if this is the best way to produce, but this CD sounds superb.
And Let It Be Naked - The way it should have been done the 1st time.

Attachments

• Pict197_23Sep07.jpg
    Pict197_23Sep07.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 170
Not the morning anymore over here :)

Leon parker: Belief. Great album, very well recorded.
Earlier in the day, listened to Bojan Z. : Solobsession.

Back