Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's out??

How is it?

I've been waiting for his sophomore album.

Released on Tuesday, only listened to it twice. couple of tracks have caught my ear right off the bat, but not like his first release where I liked the entire album the first time I listened to it.

The best reissue MoFi has released in the last few years IMO. an amazing record!
Robert,
In total agreement with you. The original recording was very good, but this MoFi reissue is amazing. No background noise what so ever, background is pitch black, the bass amazingly deep and clear. The soundstage very deep and wide. Listened to it twice back to back first time I played it.

Released on Tuesday, only listened to it twice. couple of tracks have caught my ear right off the bat, but not like his first release where I liked the entire album the first time I listened to it.

Thanks for the input, Wayne!

I don't know if this is the best way to produce, but this CD sounds superb.

Yeah, that's the best way and the proof is in the listening. BTW, the Tigerlilly mentioned above is from an analog master also, at least the vinyl reissue..

Last edited:
Peter Frampton ~ Fingerprints

Attachments

• framp.JPG
    framp.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 169
I wish MOFI would not have gotten rid of the lift lock jewel cases. I’m not a fan of the LP CD cases they are difficult to use and not durable. Better for the environment I’m sure but I do not like them.

Ok, so not morning anymore, but I just picked up the mail at noon, and got this special edition DVD-A from the UK;

No-Man (featuring Steven Wilson, of Porcupine Tree fame) - together we're stranger

Excellent audio (as usual from a Steve Wilson 5.1 mix) and very ethereal sounds. Not the usual 'pop' stuff here, this is for lights-out auditioning. Lyrics a little on the downer side, but stunningly done in conjunction with appropriate music. Will excersise the ML's nicely.

small529.jpg

Available at:
http://www.burningshed.com/store/noman/product/43/529/

Also, while there, order the new Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet in DVD-A while you're at it. It's coming out next week.

small612.jpg

http://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/product/169/639/

I wish MOFI would not have gotten rid of the lift lock jewel cases. I’m not a fan of the LP CD cases they are difficult to use and not durable. Better for the environment I’m sure but I do not like them.

Agreed, last 2 titles I got from them are the LP type cases. Very difficult to get the CD out of the sleeve and almost equally as difficult to put back in.

Also, while there, order the new Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet in DVD-A while you're at it. It's coming out next week.

small612.jpg

http://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/product/169/639/
Ordered my DVD-A copy of Blank Planet a couple of weeks ago. If the quality is anything like the other 2 titles I have of theirs on DVD-A should be something worth picking up. Really dig the track "Anesthetize" off of Blank Planet

It's a mellow Sunday morning :music:

David Lanz ~ Cristofori's Dream

Attachments

• lanz.JPG
    lanz.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 137
Kind of mellow morning for me too Wayne. Started off with the Classic Reissue of Procol Harem's "Whiter Shade of Pale, followed by the MoFi 45 re-issue of Patricia Barber's "Nightclub", then a couple of sides of Allison Krause + Union Station "Live", and now a switch to SACD and the rather amazing Allison Moorer's "Show". She's Shelby Lynn's sister, and in my mind she has a better voice. Great live Country fusion album.

Attachments

• WhiterShade.jpg
    WhiterShade.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 131
  • PBarber_Nightclub.jpg
    PBarber_Nightclub.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 144
  • AK%2BUSLive.jpg
    AK%2BUSLive.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 129
  • AMoorer_Show.jpg
    AMoorer_Show.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 141
Some Stan Getz as we cheer on the Chicago Marathon runners. Two classic CDs

Attachments

• 29c0224128a064660282c010.L.jpg
    29c0224128a064660282c010.L.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 6007eb6709a0ee1177113110.L.jpg
    6007eb6709a0ee1177113110.L.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Just before I gotta hit the books..

Norah Jones - Not Too Late
6a00c2251fd49c604a00cd9733a3374cd5-500pi

Elf OST
315VSR7JWML._AA240_.jpg

Cremona Chamber Ensemble: Vivaldi. A nice D-T-D on Sonic Arts and Elton John: Madman Across the Water Uni English Pressing

Attachments

• IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 135
The two Marta Gomez Chesky CDs as well as the two I got from CD Baby. I love Marta'a voice !

Most of what I have seen on this thread is true Sunday relaxation music and I have picked up a few good recordings based on it but if you want to step out of the box a bit, you should give a test listen to Epica. Divine Conspiracy is the latest release but they have about four strong CDs in circulation. Not big here but they do have a strong following in Europe. They are Dutch group that has a strong mix of progressive, goth, orchestra, etc. and quite unique. Comparisons to Amy Lee do not do this band or their lead justice. If you can ignore the over use of the demonic voice parts this has a lot going for it and it will excercise all aspects of your logans. Try Never Enough which is probably the most commerical song on the CD but they are all worth a spin.:rocker:

Attachments

• Epica divine[1] .jpg
    Epica divine[1] .jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 137
Back