What PreAmp and Amp do I use for ML 7.1 Setup?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cary

No flaming, but what about the Cary stuff?

Their 5 channel amp with the Cinema 11 Pre/pro?
I think the amp is $5K and the 11 is $3K. Both have gotten rave reviews and the 11 is on the Stereophile best list. Possibly a used amp with a new 11 would be the ticket!

JM

I'll probably get flamed for this but...:)

Ultra High End: Lexicon, Theta, Meridian, Krell, Sunfire
High End: Rotel, Outlaw, Emotiva, Arcam
Good: Denon, NAD, Cabridge Audio
Mass market: Sony, Pioneer, etc...

There is no need to try and match a preamp with speakers. You only need to match the amp to the speakers. Then match the preamp to the amp.

I would also take a close look at the new Cary 11 Pre/Pro. If you're going used then consider a Krell HTS 7.1 Pre/Pro. I wouldn't run the video cable through the Pre/Pro. Bypass that and go direct to the TV monitor. However, it can make setting up the remote more challenging but you'll have less cables to buy and manage and less chance of a degraded signal.

On the other hand, some of the newer receivers and pre/pros have very good room frequency, phase and level adjust useful for doing room acoustic correction such as the Audessy system. Your installer should be aware of these. Has he given you any recommendations?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back