What did Santa bring YOU ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for me, very little but I'm fine with that. My oldest nephew, who is the only person in my family that knows my somewhat quirky musical tastes, sent me Glassworks, a compilation of works by Philip Glass. One artist that I want to get to know better.

Nice! I have Glass' North Star (I think that's what its called) and its great. Part of it appears on Mike Oldfields Platinum.

As to what Santa brought me: a bunch of Blu-ray discs and a gift certificate for Acoustic Sounds. And that means more records, yay!

Just moved into a new place less than two weeks ago. For all the setting, resetting, configuring, blowing away and setting up again, I cannot get a stable iTunes stream from the Mac Mini in the upstairs office to the Airport Express in the living room (one floor below).
So Santa got me an HP Mini 110 NetBook to store my music and feed my PS Audio DAC directly. I only have about 2,000 songs in Apple Lossless (~80GB) and the HP Mini has a 160 GB drive. The HP Mini is now a permanent part of my system. Just have to figure out how to keen the Mac & HP libraries in sync.

Last edited:
My wife got me a Kindle. I love this thing. I plan to make the time to read more in 2010.

I got a new 32 gig ipod touch from my wife... then I went out and purchased an external drive for the lossless files (1 terabyte).....and am now thinking about wifi in the house.... What does this mean exactly? Am I slowly moving to the digital age? Since I do not have unlimited funds - I really have to think this thru... 2k on a turntable... or 2k on a DAC? Hmmm.... decisions.... Well, the good thing is - don't have to make the decision for awhile..... I b broke!! :) merry christmas to everyone...

Back