What did Santa bring YOU ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
I was the gracious receiver of a Miles Davis Set. Its the Complete Colombia set with Gil Evens. It has a brass book style case with Story's and details of each recording. Great piece. Besides That I GOT a A$$ woppin:( from my 5 year old on his new Wi. I guess Im not as fast as him in Boxing !:D

Attachments

• 519UAnfTCQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
    519UAnfTCQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 173
The kids are now old enough that I managed to get through a book about the Bach Cello suites. I have about six different versions and a Naxos recording came with the book. Maria Kliegl, who I have never heard of is the cellist. That will be spinning today.

Kevin

table saw and a speed square and a 12" framing square. maybe ill build a gear rack & an entertainment center finally.

I get this every year :(

Attachments

• coal_hands.jpg
    coal_hands.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 154
Raindeer poop...photos taken by my wife in the front and side yard on 12/24/09 at about 5PM, limbering up for the big trip. The photos prove that raindeer REALLY do know how to fly!

Attachments

• Santa's-Deer-2.jpg
    Santa's-Deer-2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Santa's-Deer-warming-up.jpg
    Santa's-Deer-warming-up.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 142
The past couple of years we made the decision that rather that buying one another big expensive gifts we were going to donate the money we would have spent to one anothers favorite charities. We do still exchange stockings though and in mine I got the new Sting CD "If on a Winters Night" along with some Smartwool socks and some small bottles of Makers Mark and Woodford's Reserve and the Blu-Ray of "District 9". That and my wife made an amazing Tuscan Porcetta that had the house smelling great all day!

The past couple of years we made the decision that rather that buying one another big expensive gifts we were going to donate the money we would have spent to one anothers favorite charities. We do still exchange stockings though and in mine I got the new Sting CD "If on a Winters Night" along with some Smartwool socks and some small bottles of Makers Mark and Woodford's Reserve and the Blu-Ray of "District 9". That and my wife made an amazing Tuscan Porcetta that had the house smelling great all day!

That's a nice idea, especially with today's economy.

BTW, Sting was interviewed on CBS Sunday Morning last week re that recording. Very interesting... recorded in his local hometown, and included a lot of his original band buddies. How does it sound?

I got some sorely needed cash, a little of which will go towards seeing a certain popular movie in 3D. The rest is already spent on bills.

A Bottlehead battery powered preamp. The kit has the chassis and all the parts to stuff it with. I built the cabinet out of MDF and veneered it with some preban Brazilian rosewood I had left over from some speakers I did years ago. I did swap out the black plastic volume knob for a nice polished aluminum one I had in my stash.

quickieveneer.jpg

That's a nice idea, especially with today's economy.

BTW, Sting was interviewed on CBS Sunday Morning last week re that recording. Very interesting... recorded in his local hometown, and included a lot of his original band buddies. How does it sound?

That's where I first learned of the CD myself Alan. I expressed interest in it to Sandy and she took the hint and bought it for me. I listened to it again this morning and I've got to say that it is a very good CD. Very nice mix of songs and arrangements and a very good recording to boot. I recommend it highly.

I too like this idea! I really have everything I need... (got a few long sleeve shirts and some undies...but didn't need the shirts, like them though)... I got some books. I love to read about mountaineering (did a bit of that pre-Spinal Cord Injury), and of course I am a big 928 fan so I got a few books on those topics. Also if you have not read "Three Cups of Tea", I HIGHLY recommend it! I got the follow up to that book "Stones into Schools" and will start that this week...

Glad you all had a Merry Chirstmases this year and I hope each of you have a prosperous New Year as well!

thats great tim. my mom and her siblings do that too. they all put the money they would spend on each other (6 children in her family) in a pot and spread it it out among my moms patients that need it the most. she runs a health agency that focuses on children with life threatening problems, quite a few families devastated but medical bills would have not had christmas otherwise. funny but they spend 3 times as much at christmas now...;)

Kudos

I too like this idea! I really have everything I need...

Exactly. I mean I really would love to have a Walker Procenium turntable and a set of CLX's, but there's no way you can put that sort of thing on a Christmas list. Otherwise I either have everything I need or just go aquire it when I want/need it. The charity idea was Sandy's and so far everyone in the family has been completely on board.

My father was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer this year, so it was a no brainer for quite a few of us to chip in on a donation to the American Cancer Society.

My wife treated me to several new XRCDs this year. I appreciate the difference they provide. Of course, 5 new shirts which is repeated yearly since I don't have much of a fashion sense so my wife ensures I'm dressed appropriately for work!!

Gordon

I was the gracious receiver of a Miles Davis Set. Its the Complete Colombia set with Gil Evens. It has a brass book style case with Story's and details of each recording. Great piece. Besides That I GOT a A$$ woppin:( from my 5 year old on his new Wi. I guess Im not as fast as him in Boxing !:D

Wow Chris,

That is way cool. Many wonderful hours of listening on tap for you.

I'm a big Miles fan and can give you some recommendations if you want more of The Man.

As for me, very little but I'm fine with that. My oldest nephew, who is the only person in my family that knows my somewhat quirky musical tastes, sent me Glassworks, a compilation of works by Philip Glass. One artist that I want to get to know better.

Best,

Gordon

Last edited:
A new case for my I-phone and some Blu-Rays including ASIA live in Tokyo and Within Temptation "The Black Symphony".

Latest posts

Back