We've got em! The Beatles Box sets are here...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased the mono set from Music Millenium this morning on their website. I received an e-mail later in the day confirming my order and they actually gave me a better price than that listed on the website which came out to $228.99 with Priority mail shipping.

When at looked on Elusive Disc this morning it was almost double that price, so thanks Jeff for the tip.

I purchased the mono set from Music Millenium this morning on their website. I received an e-mail later in the day confirming my order and they actually gave me a better price than that listed on the website which came out to $228.99 with Priority mail shipping.

When at looked on Elusive Disc this morning it was almost double that price, so thanks Jeff for the tip.

I got the same e-mail from Millenium today. Cant go wrong at $228.00 Shipped. Looks like I may have (2) mono box sets comming. Thanks Jeff for the contact.

Cool. Terry is the best guy in the business....

Thanks for giving my local record store the word up!

Let me join the chorus of thanks for Terry & Co. (especially Jonathan, who handles online sales). Without them, I'd likely be one of the many disappointed at missing out on this chance.

What do the rest of you think about this "limited-edition" business? Speaking as someone with absolutely no insider information, it seems overwhelmingly likely that these mono recordings will be released again, whether through a reissue of the CD set or, eventually, through digital downloads. I find it hard to believe that Paul and Ringo (and the various heirs) will let the chance pass them by to make vast sums of money. If, as I assume, the goal was to create a sense of perceived scarcity and therefore buzz, they certainly have succeeded. At the same time, I have seen forums dominated by people angry about the way the set has been introduced (not just its rarity but also its price).

Anybody here know more about this than I do?

Am i missing something ? I went to the Millennium Music website,
clicked on Beatles and saw the mono boxed set going for $633.
It has a different release date, 9/15/09, rather than 9/9. What
gives?

I thinks these are imports from other Countries thus the high cost. The Mono CDS can be had on the best buy website as an import for $563.00. Looks like prices are going UP, UP and UP.

I just checked ebay and I see one bid for the mono set is up to $401.00. This is strange bucause I see another one for a Buy it now price of $399.00.

Last edited:
I thinks these are imports from other Countries thus the high cost. The Mono CDS can be had on the best buy website as an import for $563.00. Looks like prices are going UP, UP and UP.

I just checked ebay and I see one bid for the mono set is up to $401.00. This is strange bucause I see another one for a Buy it now price of $399.00.

These guys were probably selling generators to folks in N'Orleans
right after Katrina.

Yep, those are different sets, not the one you want.

Also, EMI just announced that there will be another run of the mono and stereo box sets, so don't pay a penny over sticker for these, there will be more!

Yep, those are different sets, not the one you want.

Also, EMI just announced that there will be another run of the mono and stereo box sets, so don't pay a penny over sticker for these, there will be more!

I put myself on an email notice at Amazon.com when the mono
becomes available. Just did a search for "beatles mono box set"...
For 13 CDs at $13 each, should sell for about $169 (in my opinion).

Glad to hear that, Jeff. I figured as much.

There is now a guy hawking the U.S. set on eBay for $495. I'd hate to be one of his customers. I know how I'd feel if I committed to buying these at that price and then learned that EMI is going to issue more. :mad:

It's not "My Music Fix" is it?

That guy has the most insane prices. He's charging $70 for in stock in print MoFi stuff that you can buy at Music Direct for $30...

Crazy!

It's not "My Music Fix" is it?

That guy has the most insane prices. He's charging $70 for in stock in print MoFi stuff that you can buy at Music Direct for $30...

Crazy!

I waited over 8 years for Neil Young to remaster "After the Gold Rush"
'cause i didn't want to buy a 1990 print. Likewise, i haven't bought
Fleetwood Mac's "Bare Trees", so i guess i can wait a month or so
for a reasonably priced Beatles mono set.

Based on this post here by Cherian back on 7/16/09, I pre-ordered the stereo box set from Elusive Disc at their $207.99 special. I'm really glad that I did, and I got the notice yesterday that it has been shipped. :rocker:

Just as an aside, I was still in high school when the Beatles hit the scene. I'm not sure those of you that didn't live through those tumultuous 60's can understand what the Beatles meant to my generation, and I know I'm not alone in strongly associated their music with those years. I and my wife will probably consume quite a bit of wine and have some very nostalgic listening sessions with this box set.

Based on this post here by Cherian back on 7/16/09, I pre-ordered the stereo box set from Elusive Disc at their $207.99 special. I'm really glad that I did, and I got the notice yesterday that it has been shipped. :rocker:

Just as an aside, I was still in high school when the Beatles hit the scene. I'm not sure those of you that didn't live through those tumultuous 60's can understand what the Beatles meant to my generation, and I know I'm not alone in strongly associated their music with those years. I and my wife will probably consume quite a bit of wine and have some very nostalgic listening sessions with this box set.

Glad to hear it, I think you will really enjoy them!

Yes, I was sent an email by them this morning and went ahead and ordered a second set. I wonder how many copies they actually received and how many they still have left over. It will be interesting to see how quickly these sell out.

All of the Amazon Mono box set is off of the second run and will ship in 6 weeks. I feel bad for anyone that paid $400+ on ebay for these. Looks like the Mono set is not Numbered as originally stated. .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back