Vantage or Summits?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
having had both myself, I would have to agree with him...

But adding that Descent i sub was even more!
:)

If your music is not taxing, then Vantages are fine. It's not until you go for significantly higher spl's and play more challenging music do you hear a SIGNIFICANT difference.

Given the room size (400 sqft) that "Supercharger" is talking about I'd tend to agree, but ...... say a smaller room(300 sq ft or less), add a good Servo based sub and SMS (all for $2500-3000 less than the Summitt's) then the word "SIGNIFICANT" no longer applies !

As a matter of fact, given what the $$ difference represents one could "tip the balance of power" towards the Vantage system if the remaing $$ are put towards better upstream componetry.

I agree with all you say, Dave.

While you still have to contend with the smaller ESL panels and the fact that you're now dealing with the problems of setting up a seperate sub to match your Vantages - a cost effective solution, it certainly is. In fact you could further argue that Summits might be an overkill in smaller rooms because these fine speakers just wouldn't get into their stride before the room or the listener overloads.

If dollars are an issue (when aren't they?) you can get close to the sound of Summits in certain rooms, maybe losing a little coherency and ultimate dynamics/spl's. I was going to go the Vantage route myself, but some dollars came my way and I was able afford the Summits... :p

Last edited:
It is a tough call. I also think if I had to choose between the Vantage with better components or the Summit with lesser component, I'd go with the Vantage as well.

Back