The magic

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherian

Reaction score
I have had Martin Logan Speakers for over 3 years now and I’m very used to the sound. Like most things in life I started to take my system for granted. Don’t get me wrong I’m used to how good my system sounds and enjoy it almost every day. But, tonight I had that magic ML moment. You know when it sounds so good that you can almost see the band. I was listing to music and surfing the net when track 9 on Yes / Fragile(Heart of the sunrise) came on. I thought to myself wow this sounds good. The soundstage was amazing (goose pimples). The speakers disappeared and I lost myself in the music.
Have you hugged your ML speakers today

Yes, we all like those moments. It's great when it happens, which is quite often with Martin Logans.

Good for you Cherian!!

We spend so much time and money to get those treat moments!! When your debating whether to pull the trigger on something, you think of those moments when the hair on the back of your neck stands up and the chill passes through you while you almost hold your breath, afraid to end the moment!! Those moments drive our expensive purchases, all the try outs, our questions and the search for the music that has those special things in them!!

I have a track on Pomp & Pipes that can do it too me everytime I listen to it!!

OldMonolith

I *LOVE* it when this happens. I wish it would happen more often. That old "mood"argument that we always talk about.

Unfortunately, you can't make it happen. And abstinence doesn't make it any more likely - I've listened every night for a week and on the seventh night "it" happens!! The right recording, the right mood, the right music and the right conditions.

Yeah, I had one of those experiences a couple of weeks ago. This is the first time in twelve years since I bought my requests that I've had a perfect room with sound absorbers in (it seems) all the right places. I sat down to listen to Stevie Ray Vaughn's, Tin Pan Alley and holy crap! I've never, ever heard it sound so good...3D image with Stevie playing his guitar right up in the middle between the speakers. I actually got up thre or four times to check if the center channel was on. Then I switched to Diana Krall's You're Looking At Me, and she was out in the center about two feet in front of the speakers...so 3D that it sounded like I had the 4 surrounds on. Very, very cool! I will never get rid of my ReQuest...at least as long as they keep making new panels:rocker:

Dan

Cherian,

You can thank me now for this. Those Monoliths were almost the foundations of the Dreamer Rig. The seller you got them from lived about 20 minutes from my house, and I actually went over and auditioned them, if you recall (almost walked out with them too!). Lucky for you, I'm a nice guy, and let your claim of "dibs" over-ride my non-shipping proximity... :rolleyes:

But really, I'm glad you're digging your Logans. They really ARE special speakers. In fact, I hugged mine this afternoon.

--Richard

It is amazing sometimes how simple changes can lead to epiphanies. I finally stumbled on to a synergistic cable match for my Ayre C5xe. It is a balanced interconnect from a relatively new company called Teo audio. The conductors are a slurry of gallium, indium and tin. I have been having alot of these moments over the last couple of months. This is why we spend the big bucks-goosebumps.

Richard,

I do recall. If you look on audiogon you will see (2) mint Monolith IIIp for sale. If you are interested it may be worth getting. Shipping was only $240.00 via roadway. One set is in Charlotte NC.

I love my monoliths and I owe you one.

Regards,

Cherian

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back