System #47 (CLS)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin said:
Wardsweb,

Wow! now your new Clear Audio Champion 2 looks like it came from Star Trek TNG or Star Wars... :D The SME 309 arm look great. What style of needle cartriage does it take? Is it a dimond stylsis?
I use a Benz Micro Glider made in Switzerland. It is a moving coil high output cartidge (2.5mV).

High Quality Cartridge...

Wardsweb said:
I use a Benz Micro Glider made in Switzerland. It is a moving coil high output cartidge (2.5mV).
Wardsweb,

Oh... I thought the Benz Micro Glider was the device the TT arm pivoted from... :p Interesting the high output cartridge must be very expensive and of very high quality. I bet it sound wonderful as well... ;)

I don't know what made me click this thread, but I'm sure glad I did.

Nice set-up.

Looks great, love the amps too. :)

kach22i said:
I don't know what made me click this thread, but I'm sure glad I did.

Nice set-up.

Looks great, love the amps too. :)
Thanks, audio for me is a passion, ok obesssion, but it's what makes life fun.

Wow !

Hi Wardsweb,

The Champion Level 2 is a beauty, as is the rest of your setup ! I'm sure it will give you many hours of listening pleasure ! :cool:

Thanks for sharing !

Cool photo of the Champ 2. How about a pic with clear or blue semi-transparent album?

What are you using as a light source?

Records - Black Vinyl...

jjqiv said:
Cool photo of the Champ 2. How about a pic with clear or blue semi-transparent album?

jjqiv,

Your just kidding right? It's been a long time since I purchased a record album but last time I did it was in standard black vinyl... :eek:

jjqiv said:

The light is a cold cathode blue neon. The kind used to light computer cases.

Robin said:
jjqiv,

Your just kidding right? It's been a long time since I purchased a record album but last time I did it was in standard black vinyl... :eek:
I have traditional black vinyl, blue vinyl, red vinyl and yellow vinyl. Mix of US, Canada, EU and Japan pressings.

Very Interesting Colored Vinyl...

Wardsweb said:
I have traditional black vinyl, blue vinyl, red vinyl and yellow vinyl. Mix of US, Canada, EU and Japan pressings.
Wardsweb,

Ah-so, I didn't know other colors of vinyl were being used routinely, very interesting. Thank you for clarifying... ;)

jjqiv said:
How about yellow?

champion2_yellow.jpg

Beautiful system !

I'm drooling again at the sight of your setup. What a nice combination of tube and vinyl equipment ! Your turntable is particularly magnificent ! ;)

Thanks for sharing !

I'll second that,... Beautiful System...

Wardsweb,

Geez, Holly Cats, I am drooling along side Kaliar... Incredible system! What kinda speaker is in the corner of your living room? It looks like a big old cone driver speaker, correct?

Analog tubed or digital tubed? In your living room system, I'll take double helpings of both please... ;) Sweet set-up... :D

Robin said:
Wardsweb,

Geez, Holly Cats, I am drooling along side Kaliar... Incredible system! What kinda speaker is in the corner of your living room? It looks like a big old cone driver speaker, correct?

Analog tubed or digital tubed? In your living room system, I'll take double helpings of both please... ;) Sweet set-up... :D

Everything in this system is tube driven; CD, phono pre, preamp and amps.
The speakers are custom walnut veneered Altec A7 Voice of the Theatre.

Totally Beautiful Tubed System...

Wardsweb said:
Everything in this system is tube driven; CD, phono pre, preamp and amps.
The speakers are custom walnut veneered Altec A7 Voice of the Theatre.
Wardsweb,

A breathtakingly beautiful tubed system to be sure. You've really got something special there. It must give your ears so much pleasure... :D
Thank you for the wonderful photo. I'll bet that same photo you taken, at night probably would look soooo elegant, with all those tubes softly glowing as the music is playing... Your are very fortunate. :)

Sooo tubey.... soooo nice... sooo many little gadgets that I would like to put in my room.

Very nice system and very nice TT. :)

A Pair of Carver Silver 7t...

Wardsweb,

What a wonderful addition to your already fabulous system... :D
So how will you integrate your pair of Carver Silver 7t amplifiers into your system? Initially, do the amplifiers need to be fixed-up / refurbished / tubes rolled etc., before the pair of Carver Silver 7t amplifiers go on line to function into your system?

Please let me (us) know how these marvelous amplifiers are working with your system... :)

Photos too Please...

Wardsweb,

I also wanted to ask, if you wouldn't mind posting new photos please of your new Carver Silver 7t amplifiers in your system... :D :D That would truly be awesome to see, a real treat for me anyway... :D Whenever you get the chance of course. Thank you for sharing your new Carver Sliver 7t amplifier acquisition's with me (us)... :D

Back