System #47 (CLS)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here is the latest update. Picture taken last night with the custom isolation products amp stands in place. The Audio Mirror pre replaced with an Odyssey Tempest pre. The light comes from cold cathode neon, like you find in a computer.

livingroom031407.jpg

Wards Web, say I remember this set-up from audio-review from years ago. Didn't you have some sub woofers behind the CL3's? I specially remember the Carver amps and the tape deck. Do you remember writing to a PhiloX or JD3 with a SL3 5.1 HT system in Long Beach?

In my world of the only constant is change, here is the latest evolution of my home theater. Seems the CLS are the only constant for the last 10 years. Seems these days "less is more".

den051907a.jpg

Very gorgeous system!!!

I've found 3 Japanese items in your photos excluding audio equipments.
Have you ever been to Japan? Or do you have any Japanese friend?

And your color design in your room is like Japanese festival's ones.
I feel very happy with your colors.

Shuji

Very gorgeous system!!!

I've found 3 Japanese items in your photos excluding audio equipments.
Have you ever been to Japan? Or do you have any Japanese friend?

And your color design in your room is like Japanese festival's ones.
I feel very happy with your colors.

Shuji
My mother is from Fukuoka. So, I have grown up with a sense of Japanese tradition and honor. It is just a part of me now. Even my office at work is decorated in a Jananese style. Although it is more maculine with kabutos, Tachis, Katanas, Wakizashis and rice prints.

Love that new setup! Especially those Carver monoblocks...

I assume you're driving the CLS's with them, right? How do they sound, compared to the amps you were using before? I used to have a pair of Silver 7t's driving my Sequels, and they were the best amp I'd ever heard with them.

Are your amps Silver 7t's or 9t's?

Please list your equipment! We're all VERY curious as to how you're driving those beautiful CLS's...

--Richard

Love that new setup! Especially those Carver monoblocks...

I assume you're driving the CLS's with them, right? How do they sound, compared to the amps you were using before? I used to have a pair of Silver 7t's driving my Sequels, and they were the best amp I'd ever heard with them.

Are your amps Silver 7t's or 9t's?

Please list your equipment! We're all VERY curious as to how you're driving those beautiful CLS's...

--Richard
The amps are Carver Silver 7t. They drive the CLS without breaking a sweat. Here is a picture taken from the other side of the house. You can see how the CLS can fill the house with music.

Interior05192007.jpg

Looks good Ward, please update the complete system when you get a chance !

Champion II Rocks!

I clicked on this thread just nosing around in the Member Systems. Really glad I stumbled on the Champion II.:D I have a Limited Edition Champion and have been considering going the up-grade path to a Champion II. I would probably keep my current arm just to keep the initial cost somewhat down. I'm sure there would be a significant improvement in sound following this up-grade. Did you have a TT before this one? And if so what?
Really love the whole presentation, nicely done.

Doug - out

I clicked on this thread just nosing around in the Member Systems. Really glad I stumbled on the Champion II.:D I have a Limited Edition Champion and have been considering going the up-grade path to a Champion II. I would probably keep my current arm just to keep the initial cost somewhat down. I'm sure there would be a significant improvement in sound following this up-grade. Did you have a TT before this one? And if so what?
Really love the whole presentation, nicely done.

Doug - out
My upgrade was a quantum leap from the Rega Planar3 / RB250 / Audio Note. Even though it was modified, rewired, and on an isolation sandbox, the Clearaudio beats it in all areas.

isorega.jpg

Last edited:
That is one simple, elegant, gorgeous-looking turntable.

Made me think of the following: many years ago the turntable company Dual ran an ad which pictured one of their turntables, and the caption: "Just looking at a great turntable is like just listening to a great painting". I thought it was clever.

Cleaning?

Here is a new picture of the Clearaudio Champion II I took at the new house.

championII.jpg

Yea cleaning not the records but the TT itself. How do you clean and or keep the TT clean between the plinths. I find my Champion hard to keep dust free even on a good day.

BTW Looks incredible I agree "Like listening to a great painting"
Doug - out

Yea cleaning not the records but the TT itself. How do you clean and or keep the TT clean between the plinths. I find my Champion hard to keep dust free even on a good day.

BTW Looks incredible I agree "Like listening to a great painting"
Doug - out

You can make out in the pic above that there is a cover over the table. Here is an old pic that shows the cover better. If I do need to dust, I use either a Swiffer duster or Static duster. Whatever you use, make sure it is soft to avoid any possibility of scratching the acrylic.

jmk_displays.jpg

I knew it,

You can make out in the pic above that there is a cover over the table. Here is an old pic that shows the cover better. If I do need to dust, I use either a Swiffer duster or Static duster. Whatever you use, make sure it is soft to avoid any possibility of scratching the acrylic.

jmk_displays.jpg

I figured there was a full cover involved somehow. I have a acrylic cover for mine also, but it just covers the top and does not cover the entire TT. I might look into this whole package for my set-up. I imagine the $ are a bit stiff. I did mention earlier that I would probably keep my current arm. I believe it to be quite capable.

Doug - out

Attachments

• DSC00185.jpg
    DSC00185.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 822
Still to put up crown molding and hang some art, but here is the home theater in the new house. Now I need a bigger tv. :D

HT042908.jpg

Last edited:
Back