System #450 (Aerius i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel L.

Reaction score
Name -Angel Lara

Location - Miami, Florida

Speaker(s) - Martin Logan Aerius i, Abyss, Dynamo 300

Abyss 2006, Aerius i and Dynamo Sept, 2012

No modifications

System components: Pioneer PDP 6070, Pioneer Elite VSX 82 AVR, Pioneer BDP 51fd, Artison Portrait's LCR wiried in series/parallel as center only, Artison LRS surrounds, Panamax line conditioner, PS3, Wireworld inter connects, Ipod classic (lossless)

I have been a fan of ML dating back to middle school, always admired the design and technology behind the product. Only after maturing was I able to really appreciate the level of sophistication the ML's have. Regretfully, I did not purchase ESL's in 2006 when I put my system together and was convinced on a more aesthetic look (what a mistake) but, nevertheless here I am now. I purchased my Aerius i used on craigs list by complete coincidence. The gentleman who had them was the original owner. He bought them in 2002 used them for a few years, got divorced, and the x wife took them. His oldest son convinced his mother to put them in a/c storage for 6 years. He finally got them back a few years ago and is now getting married and being convinced on the aesthetic look. I tried to convince him otherwise since our story was so similar but he was sure he was done with them. All I can say is it was meant to happen, I took them home plugged them in and was immediately rewarded with what took to long to acquire. A few friends came over that night with music and jammed all night long, loud with no interruptions. I am in HIFI nirvana right now and looking forward to tweaking the placement and proper integration of the two subs for improved stereo reproduction in pure direct mode. I am just not sure on the best way to integrate the subs w/o loosing LFE but improving my full range in stereo? :rocker: 2012-10-02 22.30.28.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard Angel........now if you can just move your speakers out another foot or two you would pleased with the imaging improvement given that rather large piece of rack/furinture you have between them.

you made a nice choice in the Aerius i for sure !!

Welcome aboard Angel........now if you can just move your speakers out another foot or two you would pleased with the imaging improvement given that rather large piece of rack/furinture you have between them.

you made a nice choice in the Aerius i for sure !!
Welcome, Angel.

Dave, my reaction was different from yours: get rid of the rack and move the speakers closer together. In any case there is no room to move them farther apart; the left one is in a corner (bad location), and there is a hallway on the right.

Agree Bernard, what I meant was to move them 'further into the room'.

I am going to bring them 1 to 2 feet further from the back wall and into the room tonight. Listen critically for the best swing angle and enjoy the moment. Any comments or suggestions on LFE on connecting the amp pre outs R/L to the sub for full range stereo? If I apply this setting, I do not know what cross over setting for the AVR and or what cross over setting for the subs?

I am going to bring them 1 to 2 feet further from the back wall and into the room tonight. Listen critically for the best swing angle and enjoy the moment.

we look forward to your comments Angel !

Welcome Angel, try what Dave suggested it will make a difference. You might want to play with something to kill the reflection of sound behind the speakers from the wall.

Give us enough time and we we'll try to convince you to rearange your room too.;)

I brought the ESL's further into the room and closer together, wow did that make a huge difference. I ordered some sound absorbing panels for the back wall as suggested. Still tweaking the sub woofer crossover settings, I am at 40hz now and thinking on going to 60hz. My subs wont stay still, they move about the room. Any suggestions on securing the subs on a tile floor?

Put a weight on top with something between the weight and the top of the sub to prevent any scratching.

Should also improve the sound by dampening vibrations.

Best to install cones or spikes (with weights), which will further decouple the sub from the floor.

GG

Last edited:
Back