System #205 (Clarity, Cinema)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
IMG_0312.jpgIMG_0313.jpg1. Member Name: Steve Davis

2. Location: Austin, Texas

3. ML Model(s): Clarity, Cinema

4. Year Purchased: 2004, 2006

5. Mods/Changes: nope

6. Associated Electronics:

Audio:
Sonos ZP80, Sony BDP-S470
both feeding Benchmark DAC1 (optical from Sonos, coax from DVD)
Outlaw 950 Pre/Pro
Outlaw 1070 amp
Klipsch dipole surrounds (can't remember the model)
REL Strata III sub

Video:
Time Warner cable box
Sony BDP-S470 BluRay
Panasonic VCR/DVD (using to consolidate and upscale <HD device and covert to HDMI)
All feeding my HD Fury HDMI->VGA converter
Runco IDP980 Ultra (very nice 1080i)
106" 16x9 screen (gain = 1)

Moster Power 3500

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:

Finally made it into the new house, and I'm slowly installing and tweaking the setup to get back to where I was in the old house. This room is a little more condusive to good aucoustics (sloped walls, etc), although I haven't yet closed the large entryway to the room. This is causing some echo from the rest of the house, and the occasional, "turn it down!" from the wife. The speakers are a little wider than I'd like, due to the screen size.

2/16/13 Update: after several years, equipment is dialed in. Installed heavy drapes, which really helped with back wave and other room reflections.

To do's (looking less likely anytime soon):
Tube amp for the front L/R
Larger Logans (someday)
Vinyl

Attachments

• IMG_1414.JPG
    IMG_1414.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 833
Last edited:
Steve, Welcome !, I can tell by the toys on the floor of your theatre that you must have young ones in the 'nest' !!

a few more pics

the wires are very prominent due to the flash, but they are really not that visible!

Attachments

• IMG_1412.JPG
    IMG_1412.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 824
  • IMG_1413.JPG
    IMG_1413.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 822
Steve, Welcome !, I can tell by the toys on the floor of your theatre that you must have young ones in the 'nest' !!

Yup, a two year old daughter...who loves watching her shows on the big screen. Actually, she gets more use out of the room than I do! She is a good girl though...never touches daddy's speakers!

Thanks for the props from the Austin crowd! It's a work in progress, but the new room was a pretty big step!:band:

Back