System #169 (Statement e2, Aerius)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would like to hear a 4.0 specially with statements

I know that your down mixing but I am so used to hearing the voice mix out from a center in a 5.1 system. Doe's what normally play in the center float inbetween the main speakers more so than a stereo?

Last edited:
Hi philox,
I use my system only for music, not for moving pictures. In the past I made some tests with and without a Theater i as center speaker. I did find no differences. But I agree, in case of moving pictures there are important sound informations from the center channel and that's to hear. So, my brand new Theater i (US version) is still in the box.

When I first got into Martin Logas I put them into a 5.1 system; SL3, Scripts, & NHT Sub Two, http://home.ix.netcom.com/~philox/_uimages/MLScreen.jpg but I was in a small beach house. When I moved to an inner valley of southern Calif I converted the system into a stereo by upgrading to mono amps, adding another sub for stereo mode, & then upgrading to Odysseys. I have a 5.1 in-wall system in another room that is wife friendly. Most of the movies we watch are 1950 to 1970 classics, romantic comedies, some war movies, musicals, etc...therefore I am not into the modern blow them up super sound effect movies...there is little to no plot in most of them. Therefore I understand why you have the Theater in the box & I am glad to meet another music lover.

Last edited:
Frank,

You got impressions typed out for us? Still awaiting a review of some sort of the E2s considering not a lot of us (if more than I can count on my two hands) have access to this behemoth of a speaker.

Thanks,
Joey

Frank,

Glad to see you finally posted your system on here. Your system and room is absolutely stunning.

One thing Frank... how many times did you replace your windows before switching to bullet proof glass? ;)

No seriously, what kind of glass are you using? Is it some kind of hurricane proof material such as that used in Marvin windows?

Best Regards,

Gerren

Frank,

We are very close to each other. Can I come over for a listen sometime? Please!!!!

Frank, when you do post a review, hope you can include room dimensions. Thanks and congrats!

Hi SugarMedia,

when you will stay in Berlin feel free to visit me. For all the others who are waiting for an review - I did not forget do write one, but time, time, time....

Have fun on the meeting, Frank

Hi SugarMedia,

when you will stay in Berlin feel free to visit me. For all the others who are waiting for an review - I did not forget do write one, but time, time, time....

Have fun on the meeting, Frank

Dude..

I hope you publish the review soon! ANd also, we want pictures included in the review. Pics of the E2s in several poses and what not! :)

joey

Aerius as rear speaker.....:bowdown:

they are my main speakers and I adore them.

Aerius as rear speaker.....:bowdown:

they are my main speakers and I adore them.

I have Ascent as my rear speakers and have thought about Odyessy, but that would even be MORE overkill than the Ascent already are... I think we get a MUCH better deal on ML's that you guys outside the USA.

I guess.. I paid roughly $2000 voor 6 year old Aerius speakers.

:bowdown: Absolutely gorgeous setup.:bowdown:

This is really the stuff dreams are made of.

You must be a :music: happy ML owner:music: , that’s for sure.

Hi Frank,

Love your system! Looks like you're in a Huf house? I also live in Germany (Bayreuth so only 3hrs away)-is there still an open invitation to listen to your system???

Alex

LORD help us all!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is ......................1812 OVERTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back