System #156 (Summit, Stage, Script i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottG

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Scott Garvey aka ScottG

2. Location: Austin, Texas

3. ML Model(s):
Main: Summits
Center: Stage
Rear: Scripts-i
Sub: Descent-i

4. Year Purchased: All December 2006, Sub added Feb 2009

5. Mods/Changes: none

6. Associated Electronics:
AMP: Sunfire TGA 7200
Pre Amp: Integra DTR 9.9
CD, SACD, DVD-A: Oppo DV-981HD
Projector: Sony VPLVW50 'Pearl'
Screen: 100" StudioTek 130
HDDVD: Toshiba AX2
Blu-Ray: Sony BDP-BX1
DirecTV: HR21 1 Terabyte

7. This is fulfilling a 15+ year dream. I fell in love w/ the rich, full sound of the MLs in the early 90s when visiting JonFo's home w/ his fantastic Monolith III system (System #45 (Monolith IIIx, Sequell IIb, SL3XC) .

8. Image is a bit boring w/out screen & projector... Receiver and OPPO are sitting in the closet... not much to show. Will update as more gear arrives.

Attachments

• DSC04245.jpg
    DSC04245.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 2,179
  • DSC04251.jpg
    DSC04251.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,186
Last edited:
Hi Scott, Great start on what will be an awesome room.

Can't wait to see how it evolves over the next few weeks.

Ohh.... wow.... nice and clean!

How goes the toe in, Scott? I dont see a true sweetspot chair either.... how do you listen to them critically?

Anyway, awesome!

Joey :cheers:

Ohh.... wow.... nice and clean!

How goes the toe in, Scott? I dont see a true sweetspot chair either.... how do you listen to them critically?

Anyway, awesome!

Joey :cheers:

Joey, I'm still messing around w/ toe in and with 2 chairs it's proving interesting...

You're exactly right on the sweetspot... I'm a bit bummed... but remember all of this comes from one transaction... not built over time, so having the better half of the family 'bought in' by enjoying the HT sitting right beside me is critical.

Room will get decorations over time... movie posters, book shelf.. right now it's a bit barron you're kind w/ 'neat and clean'

- ScottG

I'm actually thinking of having a smaller (but comfortable) chair that goes in front of the 2 HT reclying chairs for my 'critical' listening

Hi Scott, Great start on what will be an awesome room.

Can't wait to see how it evolves over the next few weeks.

Thx Jonathan... most of the hard work (attic, paint etc.) is done... just need to hand projector and screen and enjoy.

thx for all your help. :cheers:

- Scott

I'm actually thinking of having a smaller (but comfortable) chair that goes in front of the 2 HT reclying chairs for my 'critical' listening

THATs what I would do.... you need to be in the middle man.... atleast for music. No point in spending $10K on speakers and not being in the sweetest sweetspot in your part of the county.

JOey :cheers:

THATs what I would do.... you need to be in the middle man.... atleast for music. No point in spending $10K on speakers and not being in the sweetest sweetspot in your part of the county.

+1 :rocker:

Roger that! Scott, just ask Steve about the sweet spot. It is where I roll up in my wheelchair. We were listening to some vinyl and he was sitting on the sofa about 3' out of THE SPOT and I said, he get over here where I sit...I know it sounds good where you are at but come over here. He was like WOW, that is AMAZING! We did that with some 2 channel as well as some 7 channel stereo, it was FUN! I think I got him in trouble w/ the sig. other as I held him up playing with Stereo and Porsche stuff! LOL!

BTW, the room looks GREAT! Now if you can just move it down stairs or put in an elevator for me!

James

I'm already on the hunt for a center chair to sit in front of my center channel ;)

Super ML System...

Scott,

OMG!!! :D Your system is too beautiful! I love those Script i's with your Summits. What a fantastic combination Summits, Stage and Script i's. You have a wonderful dedicated HT room as well. :drool: Looks to be a clean open canvas for an amazing ML Super System - audio at it's finest! Love your HT seating as well. :band:

Lovely System Scott...., just Lovely.

Scott,

OMG!!! :D Your system is too beautiful! I love those Script i's with your Summits. What a fantastic combination Summits, Stage and Script i's. You have a wonderful dedicated HT room as well. :drool: Looks to be a clean open canvas for an amazing ML Super System - audio at it's finest! Love your HT seating as well. :band:

Lovely System Scott...., just Lovely.

Thx Robin... Here's a pic of the new screen... installed last night... no projector yet... sorry about the light... I will post all new pictures w/ higher light exposure... but you get the idea

Attachments

• HT Screen.jpg
    HT Screen.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 2,099
Thx Robin... Here's a pic of the new screen... installed last night... no projector yet... sorry about the light... I will post all new pictures w/ higher light exposure... but you get the idea

Scott,
Looks like your moving right along.

Looks Great!

Love the BLACK ceiling, Wife gave me a firm "NO WAY",on the black ceiling,back when setting up my system.:mad:

I see from your last photo, you have my favorite website on your laptop.:D

I find myself often sitting in the sweet spot while logged onto MLC on my laptop.:rocker:

Looking forward to future pics as the project moves along.

Last edited:
Scott,
Looks like your moving right along.

Looks Great!

Love the BLACK ceiling, Wife gave me a firm "NO WAY",on the black ceiling,back when setting up my system.:mad:

The wife wasn't happy before the painting... but now she likes it, makes the room looks bigger... grey on the walls... black carpet... should be ideal for movies... :cool:

chillin cruzin the net while listening to MLs is quickly becoming a great way to spend a few hours :rocker:

I'm wondering whether you could let us know the size of your room? I'm in the market for speakers and am seriously considering the Summits. Thank you! SJ

I'm wondering whether you could let us know the size of your room? I'm in the market for speakers and am seriously considering the Summits. Thank you! SJ

Room is 13x20 w/ 10' ceiling... Summits sound *really* good in the room... of course I think the would sound good in a closet :rocker:

Our HT room is 11x16 with 8' ceilings (with a 100" 16:9 screen). Is that too small for Summits? It is likely that in the next 10 years we will move and the speakers will likely end up in a larger room. Therefore, even if not optimal, I may go for it. What do you think?

By the way, I hope it's OK for non-owners to post! :rolleyes: SJ

Our HT room is 11x16 with 8' ceilings (with a 100" 16:9 screen). Is that too small for Summits? It is likely that in the next 10 years we will move and the speakers will likely end up in a larger room. Therefore, even if not optimal, I may go for it. What do you think?

By the way, I hope it's OK for non-owners to post! :rolleyes: SJ

No, not small at all. The smaller the room, the more the Summits can charge it with it's bass-capabilities.

Latest posts

Back