Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the Very Best of Michael McDonald ,and its a great recording with several guests. Patti La Bell appears as does James Ingrim. Man he was good with the Doobies and better with himself. Now he is pure soul!

Jaw dropping from a panel of 70+ year music listeners and enjoyers is not common, but this CD will do this and more.

Believe me. Please do.

and if you still don't, read here:

http://www.hyperion-records.co.uk/details/67569.asp

HYPERION CDA67569

Alkan_Hamelin_CDA67569.jpg

Last edited:
Took the family to see Phantom of the Opera today at the Cadillac Palace Theater in Chicago.

Attachments

• DSCN0579.JPG
    DSCN0579.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 123
Suerte Live

Suerte Live, by Abed Azrie.

This is a wonderful crossover CD - Spanish and Arabic, with some flamenco, handclaps, etc. The Arab is a bass while the Spaniard is a tenor. Makes for a nice combination.

Attachments

• Suerte.jpg
    Suerte.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 123
Ok this was on Saturday but by the time I got home it was Sunday. The wife and I saw Styx last night. Styx still rock:rocker:

Too bad The Bears turned it on week 15 and 16. Too little too late.

Caught them on TV last night. I thought they were pretty good. How's the album?

It's pretty decent, but lacks the energy of their latest disk IMO. I do need to spend some more time with it to get a better opinion.

What show did you see them on?

A wonderful morning of Jazzy Blues (or is it Bluesy Jazz?), all on vinyl. First up was Johnny Hodges "Blues A Plenty", followed by "Coleman Hawkins Encounters Ben Webster" and finally Terry Evans "Puttin' it Down" with amazing guitar work by Ry Cooder on the album. It's been a year or so since I'd listened to this last one, what a gem. The standout cut is an almost frightening cover of J.B.Lenoir's "Down in Mississippi" with some guitar and drum work that will bring right out of your seat, and a performance by Evans full of indignant RAGE!

Attachments

• 010608 005.jpg
    010608 005.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
So far it has been Harry Chapin's greatest hits, Van Morisons Greatest hits !

So far it has been Harry Chapin's greatest hits

Man, It will be 27 years this coming June that Harry left us, I still miss him. His Greatest Stories Live alblum will forever be one of my favorites.

Went and saw "Wicked" at the Pantages today. Wonderful show, excellent voices in the cast, and decent sound reinforcement.

Barber Violin Concerto Ronald Thomas Violin W. Australian Symphony Orchestra David Measham Unicorn UNS 256

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 161
Some more prog today.

This time, the keyboardist from IQ, Martin Orford:

Classical Music and Popular Songs

A great recording of some very cool tunes. Excellent keyboard work as you might expct, and really well produced.

Enjoying the heck out of this on the system today.

Attachments

• martinorford.jpg
    martinorford.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 159
Cold Blustery day in Pa......so "Chillin out" with Chris Botti

Attachments

• VSD3062_lg[1].jpg
    VSD3062_lg[1].jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 135
Late start to the games so lots of time for

Bill Evans- Time Remembered
Tina Brooks- True Blue