Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Followed that up with Le Segunda "Sera Una Noche", a disc that's been in heavy rotation on my turntable lately. ........
I have the CD but had not listened to it in many years; brought back memories of Olsen's in Old Town Alexandria, VA, where I bought it. When I put it on today my wife's reaction was that it was marvelous music; later she said that she thought it was beautiful and soul-searching. I remember playing for my niece (who speaks Spanish) a vocal track on it that I like many years ago. She looked at me rather concerned; when I asked her what the problem was she said that the words were sad and depressing. Very interesting music.

If you like that you should check out "Suerte" which I recommended in this thread. Another good recording, but I think it's available on CD only - it was a nice find at Virgin in Boston.

I have the CD but had not listened to it in many years; brought back memories of Olsen's in Old Town Alexandria, VA, where I bought it. When I put it on today my wife's reaction was that it was marvelous music; later she said that she thought it was beautiful and soul-searching. I remember playing for my niece (who speaks Spanish) a vocal track on it that I like many years ago. She looked at me rather concerned; when I asked her what the problem was she said that the words were sad and depressing. Very interesting music.

If you like that you should check out "Suerte" which I recommended in this thread. Another good recording, but I think it's available on CD only - it was a nice find at Virgin in Boston.

See, that's the beauty of this thread for me, so many new joys to discover. Thank you Bernard for your recommendation, I shall search it out!

Vivaldi: Concertos for Viola D'Amore & Strings László Bársony Viola D'Amore Liszt Ferenc Chamber Orchestra Hungaroton SLPX 12162

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 179
The Audreys - Between last night and us.

A little bit blues, a little bit roots, a little bit country, and a wee bit pop.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 162
Led Zeppelin ~ The Song Remains the Same
Mellowing out to some Dazed and Confused

Attachments

• 2782688932.jpg
    2782688932.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 143
I've been all over the musical map this morning. Started with Fritz Reiner and the CSO doing the Bartok "Concerto for Strings, Percussion and Celesta". Followed that with the Holly Cole Trio "Don't Smoke in Bed". Then some classic rock, first in the form of Supertramps "Even in the Quietest Moments" and now it's the first Dire Straits album (can"t decide if this one or "Love Over Gold" is my favorite Straits album).

Attachments

• BartokConcerto.jpg
    BartokConcerto.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 132
  • HollyCole.jpg
    HollyCole.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Supertramp.jpg
    Supertramp.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 146
  • DireStraits.jpg
    DireStraits.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 151
Neil Diamond... 12 Songs. Nothing but Neil singing, and playing guitar. Just like the olden days!

Angélique Kidjo - Fifa. Track one is fantastic on my Vistas and gives my Whise Profounder a good workout too........

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 136

So intrigued I bought the disc. Very interesting music, even my 10 and 16 yos listened to the entire disc.

So intrigued I bought the disc. Very interesting music, even my 10 and 16 yos listened to the entire disc.

I've seen this disc come up on several posts, Risabet you sold me,
If it can keep the attention of a 10 year old, I'm in, just ordered a copy.

Beautiful summer Sunday morning here in Queensland. First it was a bit of '80s........love a bit of it!

Tanita Tikarum - Ancient Heart

Attachments

• tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 105
Then it was on to some Jazz from James Morrison - "On the edge" - marvellous funk/jazz recorded at the Sydney Opera House.

Attachments

• ontheedge.jpg
    ontheedge.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 86
Jimmy Lafave TexOMA

Attachments

• base_image.jpg
    base_image.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 181
....and that will have to be all the listen for now - the day is too beautiful to spend inside!

Attachments

• IMG_0793 (600 x 400).jpg
    IMG_0793 (600 x 400).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 183
State and Madison ~ Simplicity Is The Name Of The Game

Attachments

• stmadison.jpg
    stmadison.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 166
Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds ~ Playlist

Attachments

• Babyface%20-%20Playlist_4.jpg
    Babyface%20-%20Playlist_4.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 163
Started off with one of the true gems of my vinyl collection - Copland's "Piano Concerto" conducted by Copland himself with Earl Wild at piano on a great Analog Productions pressing from an original Vanguard. It also includes the Menotti "Piano Concerto" and both pieces are spectacular. A true desert Island disc if I've ever heard one. Followed that with some classic Pink Floyd in the form of "Meddle" and then the latest Jack Johnson, "Sleep Through the Static", and finally, Julia Fordham's "Porcelain" which was just named a "Record to Die For" in the last issue of Stereophile. She's one of those amazing talents that I always wonder why she isn't just huge. I've got 7 of her albums, and all are great, but this still might be the best.

Attachments

• coplandPianoConcerto.jpg
    coplandPianoConcerto.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 155
  • floyd-meddle.jpg
    floyd-meddle.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 158
  • Johnson-Static.jpg
    Johnson-Static.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Fordham-Porcelain.jpg
    Fordham-Porcelain.jpg