Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Test tones

I sure hope the rest of you listened to something more pleasant.

This morning, my musical section was three hours of test tones (duration 6 seconds each time) as I ran measurements for the thread on speaker placement and treatments.

Figured this would be 'out of the ordinary' :eek:

Ha, that's more than I got to listen to. With company staying with us, it was "tourguide" duty for me. Oh well, since I'm retired I can listen to my system most any day. :music:

I was blessed with some great stuff from the get together at my house yesterday. I listened to Rodrigo Y Gabriela and a bit of The Rippingtons

Tim, I know you got this alblum @ RMAF, but from who ???
Available online ??

Sorry if I misled you Dave - that particular selection was on a CD. While I discovered it at the RMAF, I actually bought it at Barnes and Nobel.

Didn't get a chance to post these yesterday.

I was jones'n for some techno.....

Attachments

• Obital 2.jpg
    Obital 2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 196
  • Banco You Are Here.jpg
    Banco You Are Here.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Banco Farewell Feregistan.jpg
    Banco Farewell Feregistan.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Banco Big Men Cry.jpg
    Banco Big Men Cry.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 196
Bruke, that is spectacular live recording. You feel as though you are setting in the club in Stockholm.

Great Swedish/German musicians I had never heard of.

I purchased the SACD 2 disc set.

Any jazz fans who don't have this disc I would highly recommend it.

Attachments

• jazz at the pawnshop.jpg
    jazz at the pawnshop.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 181
The Proprius "Cantate Domino". Gorgeous music in a church acoustic. Some Christmas music too.

Attachments

• CantateDomino.jpg
    CantateDomino.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 165
A friend dropped of this disc yesterday. very nicely done light, Galec Christmas music.

Attachments

• 2c_7.jpg
    2c_7.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 157
Peter Gabriel ~ So

Haven't listened to this one in years.
Forgot what a Great Album this was.
Sounds Great on the Logans:music:

Attachments

• petergabriel-so.jpg
    petergabriel-so.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 161
I got the morning started with some Ella and Louis.
41STVD74FML._AA240_.jpg

I then pulled a live recording of Tommy Emmanuel doing what he does best.
LIVEONE.jpg

I topped it off with a Kremerata Baltica recording that had my MLs singing. It is Gidon Kremer plays Astor Piazzolla, Tracing Astor.
411784.jpg

All choral music for me yesterday. Gaudeamus "Sacred Feast" and the Proprius "Cantate Domino" on vinyl. Then a great HDCD on Reference Records of perhaps my favorite living composer - John Rutter's "Requiem". If you are a fan of choral music this is an absolutely stunning recording and performance. When properly decoded with an HDCD processor the acoustic on this disc is among the best to be found, and the music is touching, haunting and achingly beautiful. My highest recommendation!

Attachments

• Gaudeamus.jpg
    Gaudeamus.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 117
  • CantateDomino.jpg
    CantateDomino.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 116
  • rutterRequiem.jpg
    rutterRequiem.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 114
.......... and the music is touching, haunting and achingly beautiful. My highest recommendation!
I have not heard it, but from your description you would enjoy Faure's Requiem. It is a gentle piece of music; the best description I have heard of it is that it takes away the fire and brimstone from the Roman Catholic Mass for the dead. I have listened to a few versions, and this is the one I like best. Bonus is the incredibly beautiful "Pavane".

Attachments

• FaureRequiem.jpg
    FaureRequiem.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 109
I have not heard it, but from your description you would enjoy Faure's Requiem. It is a gentle piece of music; the best description I have heard of it is that it takes away the fire and brimstone from the Roman Catholic Mass for the dead. I have listened to a few versions, and this is the one I like best. Bonus is the incredibly beautiful "Pavane".

Yes, I have this very recording. Thank you for mentioning it, I may be bringing it out this evening.

Star of Wonder

Reference Recordings did a wonderful Christmas recording called "Star of Wonder", with acoustics up to their usual standard. I have it on vinyl, and it is amazing. If I have mentioned this before, my apologies.

Attachments

• StarofWonder.jpg
    StarofWonder.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 139
December 30...

Two albums so far; Mary Gauthier (say, go-shay), "Between Daylight and Dark" and Citay's, "Little Kingdom". Both are excellent, IMHO.

237519435-S.jpg

237519170-S.jpg

Handel's Opus 3 Concerti Grossi on Smithsonian in a HIP performance that is both sprightly and musically compelling.

Listening to a Christmas gift:

Rodrigo y Gabriela Live: Manchester and Dublin

Attachments

• r and g.jpg
    r and g.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 126

Latest posts

Back