Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong: The Great Summit - The Master Takes
This is a very good CD.

Attachments

• 51sdK2qb5jL._SS500_.jpg
    51sdK2qb5jL._SS500_.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 148
Here's one for Wayne (theWB)

Luka Bloom: The Barry Moore Years.

The Barry Moore Years is a compilation of old songs, written between 1975 and 1986.

Attachments

• barrymoore.jpg
    barrymoore.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 118
Here's one for Wayne (theWB)

Luka Bloom: The Barry Moore Years.

The Barry Moore Years is a compilation of old songs, written between 1975 and 1986.

Bob,
I'll have to give that one a try.
Again Thanks for the heads up on Innocence

Just got done watching a documentay on the making of Steely Dan's Aja
If your a fan of this album as many of you are, worth a look.
Picked it up off Amazon for $11.00

Attachments

• aja.JPG
    aja.JPG
    5.7 KB · Views: 109
First up this morning was John Prine's excellent "Fair and Square". Then, The White Stripes' "Icky Thump". Now, I'm switching to CD and first up will be Wendy Colonna, "Old, New, Borrowed, & Blue< Live at Antone's". This is a great two CD set and also includes a DVD. Next is Omar Kent Dykes & Jimmie Vaughan's "On The Jimmy Reed Highway". Following that set will be another Texan, Joe Ely's "Happy Songs From Rattlesnake Gulch". Last, but not least, will be The Derailers' "Under the Influence of Buck". It's been a rainy day, down here in San Antonio; perfect for listening to music!

225306765-M.jpg

225306888-M.jpg

225306999-M.jpg

225307110-M.jpg

Wayne, "No Guru, No Method, No Teacher" along with "Poetic Champions Compose" are my two favorite Van Morrison albums - I'll have to pull that out later.

For me it was a return to vinyl this morning starting with Antill's "Corroboree" to get the juices flowing, followed by Charlie Rouse "Yeah" and then Snow Patrol's latest "Eyes Open".

Attachments

• Antill.jpg
    Antill.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 187
  • Charlie Rouse Yeah.jpg
    Charlie Rouse Yeah.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 207
  • Snow Patrol Eyes open.jpg
    Snow Patrol Eyes open.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 190
Started off with mellow jazz in the form of Patricia Barber's "Nightclub" on the MoFi 45 pressing. After that a real gem I discovered at this years Rocky Mountain Audio Fest - Roberta Gambarini's "Easy to Love". This girls got talents far beyond those displayed on the album cover, this may be the sleeper disc of the year for me. If you like Ella and Sara Vaughn pick this one up and give it a spin. This is her US debut, but she has been a big hit in Italy for a decade or so. Right now I'm returning to my past with a great new pressing of George Harrison's "Living in the Material World". I miss George.

Attachments

• PBarber_Nightclub.jpg
    PBarber_Nightclub.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Gambarini-Easy.jpg
    Gambarini-Easy.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Harrison-Living.jpg
    Harrison-Living.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 165
If you like Al Di Meola, Paco De Lucia and Sting give this a listen combination jazz/flamenco guitar. Great SACD hybrid.

cdbaby.com carries direct from the artist music from independent labels. There is a lot of artists music I had never heard of.

Attachments

• romero3.jpg
    romero3.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 151
cdbaby.com carries direct from the artist music from independent labels. There is a lot of artists music I had never heard of.

Small World right now it's
Wil Blades ~ Sketchy

Picked up from cdbaby.com

Attachments

• wilblades.jpg
    wilblades.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
There was only time for two albums, before I had to leave this morning. First up was a wonderful album by Jason Collett, "Idols of Exile". Following that was the great, "Kill The Moonlight", by Spoon. Both are great sounding on the ML's!
227901970-M.jpg

227902137-M.jpg

Wayne or others, any recommendations for great sacd or redbook discs that feature the Vibes. Always liked the sound but don't want to end up with a bunch of bad recordings .

for jazz vibraphone, check out gary burton

i like "reunion," his cd with pat metheny. he also has several collaborations with chick corea on ecm records. if you like the sonics of ecm (i do) and the music of corea (ditto), you might like this. "reunion" is a grp disc, though it has an ecm sound to it too.

Wayne or others, any recommendations for great sacd or redbook discs that feature the Vibes. Always liked the sound but don't want to end up with a bunch of bad recordings .

"Jazz at the Pawnshop"

Attachments

• CPRO-7778SA.jpg
    CPRO-7778SA.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 127
51JKL58mcwL._AA240_.jpg

I listened to "Hourglass" by David Gahan early this morning, but was worried I'd wake up the rest of the house as I kept turning up the volume. Great album!

51IkyCIu0SL._AA240_.jpg

I then moved on to "The Reminder" by Feist. This was the first time I ever listened to her and after only one sitting I'm convinced I'll play this one many, many times. Beautiful voice.

615Wb21y6HL._AA240_.jpg

I just finished listening to "Super Ready / Fragmente" by the Young Gods. I saw them live a couple of times in the early '90s in Switzerland. They were an excellent live band at the time. They have definitely matured over the years, but are still creating their trademark sounds. Their lyrics have become more complicated. This will be another album that will get lots of play time on my Logans.

In Memory of John

Beatles ~ Love

Hard to believe it's been 27 years ago yesterday that we lost John to one persons senseless act of violence. Still to this day it's hard to accept and understand.

Attachments

• 1673445965.jpg
    1673445965.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 99
Snowy and cold here in Colorado so I stayed warm inside with the glow of tubes and music. First up was Reiner and the CSO doing Mahler's 4th on an RCA Living Stereo pressing. Next was a disc I hadn't listened to in years - but boy did it sound great - Leinsdorf and the LA Symphony's Excerpts from Prokofiev's "Romeo and Juliet" on a Sheffield Direct to Disc. Incredible sonics on this one and glorious liner notes in the booklet inside including some wonderful shots of the guys manning the levels on the cutting lathes as the orchestra was working through the incredible dynamics of the piece (the microphones were directly coupled to the lathes). They don't make them like this anymore. If you've never heard a great Direct to Disc recording you don't know what you're missing, this one's a gem!

After that a little Traffic with "The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" thanks to a MoFi pressing. Ended up with one of my all time favorites, Roxy Music's "Avalon" on an original British Virgin pressing. I can't believe how good this album sounds compared to the CD and even the SACD. Good Stuff!

Attachments

• Mahler-Prok.jpg
    Mahler-Prok.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Traffic-Roxy.jpg
    Traffic-Roxy.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 90
Placido Domingo at the MET

Attachments

• IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 81
a real gem I discovered at this years Rocky Mountain Audio Fest - Roberta Gambarini's "Easy to Love".

Tim, I know you got this alblum @ RMAF, but from who ???
Available online ??

Latest posts

Back