Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on THE BAND , right now . Robbie Robertson and Levon Helm , Garth Hudson what a good old bunch !

Cr@p...
I didn't realize it was there....my bad.

Bob,
After picking up Luka Blom's Turf album based on your review,(which by the way is now one of my favorite discs), I frequent the Recommended Recordings section of the forumn often and have picked up some great discs based on forumn members reviews.

Bob,
After picking up Luka Blom's Turf album based on your review,(which by the way is now one of my favorite discs), I frequent the Recommended Recordings section of the forumn often and have picked up some great discs based on forumn members reviews.

Wayne,
To be honest with you, I do vaguely remember Cherian's post. Seeing the disk cover kind of triggered it for me, however, having heard it on the radio just recently I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

I agree, I have also purchase disks from the recommended recordings and this (Sunday Morning Music) thread.

For some reason, I tend to miss some of the recording posts. I guess I don't pay close enough attention.

I don't know if this happens to other people, but some times when I come back to the forum a day or so later, I'll find that there are posts that show up as being seen when previously logged in, however, I know from the time stamp that they were posted hours after I had left the site for the evening.

One more thing Wayne, I bought Luka Bloom's latest called Tribe, although I haven't listened to it yet. From what I understand it's a bit different. I'm anxious to listen to it today.

Last edited:
One more thing Wayne, I bought Luka Bloom's latest called Tribe, although I haven't listened to it yet. From what I understand it's a bit different. I'm anxious to listen to it today.

Bob,
Don't have that one yet, have to let me know what you think. I came across this video of Luka singing a song called "I Am Not At War With Anyone", but can't seem to find it anywhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujmkUY4relo

Got tired of watching your Lions kick Da Bears Arse hopefully the Lions won't score another 34 points in the 4th quarter, so right now I'm listening to:
Cat Stevens ~ Footsteps in the Dark

Attachments

• cat.JPG
    cat.JPG
    3.5 KB · Views: 147
Bennie Green "Soul Struttin'" Classic reissue Blue Note 1599
Great trombonist and a great ensemble playing up tempo jazz

Attachments

• pics.jpg
    pics.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 147
yes, bernard, i forgive her for a lot of things! you might like her second dvd too. nice cartridge you got there, by the way....
Thanks for the DVD info; I just ordered it off Amazon.

Yeah, I love my Koetsu.

Here's a recommendation - Marta Topferova's, "La Marea". She's Czech, but sings in Spanish; has a slightly husky voice, but I think it's really beautiful.

Attachments

• lamarea.jpg
    lamarea.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 155
Bob,
Don't have that one yet, have to let me know what you think. I came across this video of Luka singing a song called "I Am Not At War With Anyone", but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Wayne,
This song is from the disk Innocence, released March of last year. I have this disk and have been meaning to post a review of it and just haven't done it yet. Very good disk, has some alto clainet in a few songs that I'm not real fond of (it's growing on me), but there are some excellent songs on this disk.

http://www.amazon.com/Innocence-Luk...3529468?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1193614099&sr=8-2

Wayne,
This song is from the disk Innocence, released March of last year. I have this disk and have been meaning to post a review of it and just haven't done it yet. Very good disk, has some alto clainet in a few songs that I'm not real fond of (it's growing on me), but there are some excellent songs on this disk.

http://www.amazon.com/Innocence-Luk...3529468?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1193614099&sr=8-2

Bob,
I have Innocence, but for some reason I have only 13 tracks on my copy and it's dated 2005, not 2006. Of course the copy I have is missing I'm not at War. Wonder if there were 2 differnt versions released???
Thanks I would have never figured this out.

wayne

Bob,
I have Innocence, but for some reason I have only 13 tracks on my copy and it's dated 2005, not 2006. Of course the copy I have is missing I'm not at War. Wonder if there were 2 differnt versions released???
Thanks I would have never figured this out.

wayne

I didn't realize it, but that must be the case. I picked the date from the Amazon site. I know my disk has that track on it, but I'm not sure of the release date.

For me it's sunday evening music. I've been reading and listening to albums for about 2 hours now.

I started off with a newer cd I purchased by the band "Explosions in the Sky".

ExplosionsintheSky.jpg

3000.jpg

I discovered them at about 1:30am on PBS a few weeks ago. It's just three guitarists and a drummer. All of their music is instrumental and it's very cool stuff. They really use dynamic swings to their favor.....and to my neighbors chagrin. :p

The album I have is "All of a Sudden, I Miss Everyone" and it has decent sonics. It seems a tad bass heavy in my setup and the staging isn't razor sharp, but it's far from the worst out there.

The New Eagles CD "Long Road Out of Eden". Not there best work. I think this CD is just OK.

Attachments

• ealges.jpg
    ealges.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 126
Yeah I can't help but think "sold out" everytime I see a new Eagles release. The single from thier last album..... I swear the song had 5 words....repeated over, and over, and over.

Too bad, those guys are all so friggin' talented, capable of so much more.

In a classical mood this morning. 3 slabs worth of unnaccompanied cello - Janos Starker playing the Bach suites for cello. Frightningly Good

Attachments

• Starker.jpg
    Starker.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 121
Me I'm kinda "Blues'in" this AM while re-biasing the little Jolida 302-B, cleaning connections, etc.

Eugene "Hideaway" Bridges and some JJ Cale

Attachments

• 51bA35OGLtL__AA240_.jpg
    51bA35OGLtL__AA240_.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 114
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 118
Posted at 3:10 in the morning!?! Dude - do you ever sleep? You're not a vampire are you?

Not on Weekends!!!
Weekends are or for enjoying life!!
Sleep is overrated.

Gene Kruppa & Buddy Rich ~ Krupa & Rich

Attachments

• krup.jpg
    krup.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
been up since 6:00 with the time change that would be 5:00 Love it an additional hour to listen before the Lions come on. Started with a few ladies Eva Cassidy, Margo Timmons, Mary Black, Allison Krauss, Right now Alan Parsons I ROBOT.

Attachments

• APP-IR.jpg
    APP-IR.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 115

Latest posts

Back