Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me today, it's been Sirius channel 33 "The Bridge". The softer side of Classic Rock...I LOVE this channel!

channel 27 on XM, agreed good all around channel along with Pops, Classical, Jazz and ...Sinatra, yes i do like 'ole Blue eyes !

Also FWIW, on XM channel 40 'deep tracks' they play alot of the 'other tracks' on albums plus 'B' sides of 45's.....some cool stuff !

As a big fan of romantic era composers, I was very psyched about the latest Zenph reperformance album of Rachmaninoff plays Rachmaninoff.

It is now available in full high-resolution as audio file downloads from itrax.com

I downloaded the 6ch (5.1) lossless .WAV files (all 3.4GB worth) on Saturday, and thanks to my recently updated setup, I was able to listen to them in full high-rez glory on my system.

Man, this recording is superb, and hearing the inflections imposed by the author himself on his compositions is just perfect. The reperformance venue and instrument are perfectly captured by this HD recording.

Recommended.

Attachments

• ZenphRplaysR.jpg
    ZenphRplaysR.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 217
As a big fan of romantic era composers, ...

I downloaded the 6ch (5.1) lossless .WAV files (all 3.4GB worth) on Saturday,...Recommended.

Wow, 3.4GB! At that size, you'd get less than 300 albums with a terabyte drive! And I used to think that a terabyte was more space than anyone would need. :D

What is a "reperformance" ?

It's a pretty slick feat enabled by modern recording analysis to extract all the relevant parameters of a performance and encoding them so a modern playback instrument can be recorded, read this for all the details:

http://www.zenph.com/reperformance.html

The result, we now have a super high resolution recording of a great instrument played by the master himself.

talk about time shifting :cool:

The result, we now have a super high resolution recording of a great instrument played by the master himself.

talk about time shifting :cool:
I checked the link. Interesting indeed. I should get it.

They mention Glenn Gould's Goldberg Variations being in the works. I can't see it being authentic if they cannot replicate all of Gould's infamous grunts and humming. :)

They mention Glenn Gould's Goldberg Variations being in the works. I can't see it being authentic if they cannot replicate all of Gould's infamous grunts and humming. :)

Heh, the Gould disc is out, and available as a multichannel SACD. I have it and love it.
No hum is more fun :p

Good sunday morning everyone! Got some 70's music going today with the Soundtracks to "Outside Providence" and "Dazed and Confused".

Brings back those high school memories...Debbie and Michelle and...:devil:

Great soundtracks!!! :cool:

Technically Sunday Morning, 2:00AM, ended a long session with

selections from Neil Young's "Prairie Wind" and Peter Gabriel's "Ovo" and a Chimay Grand Reserve.

A nice way to end the evening.

From last Sunday morning through today

On vinyl; Cool Struttin / Sonny Clark 45 rpm reissue, Blues Walk / Lou Donaldson, The Meeting Of The Soul Brothers / Ray Charles, Milt Jackson and Oscar Pettiford on bass, Back Country Suite / Mose Allison, Green Street / Grant Green, Groovy / The Red Garland Trio, A Night At The Blackhawk / Cal Tjader, On An Island / David Gilmour, Valleys Of Neptune / Jimi Hendrix. Some others as well...

On CD; Greatest Hits / Mose Allison, Long Way From Home / Fred McDowell, Complete Recorded Works 1945-1947 / Big Bill Broonzy, Boss Man / Jimmy Reed, Folk Singer / Muddy Waters (HDAD), Hoodoo Man Blues / Junior Wells, etc.

Not a dud in the bunch.

Satch

BoDeans ~ Mr. Sad Clown
Corinne Bailey Rae ~ The Sea
Natalie Merchant ~ Leave Your Sleep

Attachments

• BODEANS.jpg
    BODEANS.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 153
  • CORINNE.jpg
    CORINNE.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 160
  • NATALIE.jpg
    NATALIE.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 160

If you like Piano, try the Art Tatum disc truly amazing. The binaural version of the tunes allows you to hear it as Art would have heard it himself while playing.

BoDeans ~ Mr. Sad Clown
Corinne Bailey Rae ~ The Sea
Natalie Merchant ~ Leave Your Sleep

I LOVE the BoDeans! I've seen them live several times. I have everything they've ever done on vinyl and CD. Need to go listen to them right now. Thanks for listing them!

Threshold Wireless. One of my favorite Acoustic CD’s. This is a from a very established progressive rock band in from the UK. I have a lot of their standard catalog (good stuff as well but much harder edged) but this was done as a thank you to their fans and I really enjoy every track. Great musicianship, song writing, and no over the top screaming or grunts. Sounds great on the Logans.

Attachments

• threshold.jpg
    threshold.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 138

Latest posts

Back