Summit X with pass Labs X250.5 vs. XA100.5

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russb

Reaction score
Hello
I have the Summit X speakers with the pass X250.5 and a Wadia 381 up front. I wanted to up grade to the Pass XA100.5.

Do you think this would be a worthwhile up grade for the money on a used pair???

Can anyone describe the sound difference between the X250.5 and the XA100.5??

Thanks Russ

I would not consider that an "upgrade" per se, but more of a "sidegrade". My understanding is that the XA series will give you just slightly more warmth and that "class A" liquidity, but you will lose some of the dynamics and slam of the 250.5. In other words, it will be a more refined sound. Probably more pleasing on some types of music and less pleasing on others. Whether or not it would be a big enough difference to be worth the money to you, I can't say. I have the X-350.5 and love it. There was a time when I longed for a pair of the XA monoblocs, but I have since gotten over the upgrade urge.

I felt my Pass XA60.5's were an upgrade from my Pass X250 but I haven't heard the X.5 series for comparison. I'm enjoying the XA60.5's and would agree with Rich that the XA series is a more refined sound.

Back