Summit discontinued?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they would fit in the back of my Audi TT, I would drive out and get them...

and break them it :rocker:

..reminds me of how I got my first Sequels home. I had to borrow a friend's Suzuki Samurai and strap them into the back. I drove those babies, upright and towering over that tiny truck 20 miles on busy roads, talk about wierd stares, LOL :eek:

Just getting ready to buy a pair of Summits and had a question, called the company, and they said they were only temporarily stopping production of the Summits to makes changes, something about improving the cross-over. right now the Spire is the better choice over all except the Summit has the edge on the bass, but a sub woofer would take care of that. So I just ordered to Spire and Sub. Just found this forum, hope I can learn more about these marvellous speakers.

This is mostly true I believe. The spire is supposed to have the new and improved crossover, but it only has a 35Hz control, while the Summit has 25Hz and 50Hz I believe. I don't know if the new Summit will have this distinction, but I don't know why it wouldn't...

I know the Spire's size fits better in my room...

Is it too soon to ask how they compare soundwise? I was preparing to order a pair of Summits. My dealer seems to like the Spire, but with an upgraded Summit on the horizon (anyone know when?) I pass for now and see how things develop.

Speculation of the farthest reaches here, but since they have developed a new stator design for LF capacity, anyone think they might be moving in the direction of Magnepan and do away with the hybrid platform on their higher end models entirely?

Speculation of the farthest reaches here, but since they have developed a new stator design for LF capacity, anyone think they might be moving in the direction of Magnepan and do away with the hybrid platform on their higher end models entirely?

No way! Frankly, they are getting better and better at integrating the woofer and stat panels. This allows for a more efficient design, smaller footprint, and (relatively) lower cost. The CLX is a SOTA flagship model, with a limited market, but their bread and butter will remain hybrid designs.

I spoke to a guy at tweeter yesterday to see if they had Spires in, and I mentioned the Summits. The rep stated that they have no plan to discontinue the speaker at this time. SummitX will probably come out, but is still only rumor at this point according to him. There were a lot of pages of posts on this thread and I have not read them all, so I apologize if this is a reiteration of an earlier post.

I work for a dealer and I spoke to a Martin Logan Rep about the new version of the Summits. They will be very similar to the original Summits but will come equipped with the new and improved crossover that debuted in the Spire.

Latest posts

Back