Summit bass driver

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
How can I check to see if the front bass driver is working in my summit? I get no sound out of it at all.

Call ML, and they'll send instructions for firstly checking the woofer connections. It could just be a loose connector. If not, then probably a bad Ice Power board.

Call ML, and they'll send instructions for firstly checking the woofer connections. It could just be a loose connector. If not, then probably a bad Ice Power board.

I disconnected the woofer leads from the amp board checked it with a 1.5v battery and it checked ok

Ken,

from here, it is too difficult to find what exactly is going on with your Summit. It is good that you found the not working woofer and it is OK. Thinking loud, could be a bad ICE power amp or a faulty contact in the signal to the woofer path.

My advice is for better track of your problem, contact ML service dept. They will guide you step by step to find the problem. On the other hand, usually when there is a problem with the power amp, the protection circuit detects this, and the LEDs at the back of the speaker changes.

Other test is, exchanging the power amps. One of the other. If it is the amp, when you change it, the problem swapps.

Please, do not hesitate to ask for help!

Ken,

from here, it is too difficult to find what exactly is going on with your Summit. It is good that you found the not working woofer and it is OK. Thinking loud, could be a bad ICE power amp or a faulty contact in the signal to the woofer path.

My advice is for better track of your problem, contact ML service dept. They will guide you step by step to find the problem. On the other hand, usually when there is a problem with the power amp, the protection circuit detects this, and the LEDs at the back of the speaker changes.

Other test is, exchanging the power amps. One of the other. If it is the amp, when you change it, the problem swapps.

Please, do not hesitate to ask for help!

Roberto : martin Logan wants me to swap back plates ! What a pain, is there any other way I can check to see if it’s the amp board? Could I swap from the amp boards the bass driver connections and see if the front driver starts working? Thanks

They are tracking why the front woofer is not working. If you swap the back plates from one speaker to the other, will make to find the culprit. Perhaps the problem is at the back plate. Only doing the swap, you can know this. Follow their directions. I assure you that they do know what are doing.

Soon, you will have the bad Summit fixed! I wish that I could be there with you, helping you!

Last edited:
Repair

They are tracking why the front woofer is not working. If you swap the back plates from one speaker to the other, will make to find the culprit. Perhaps the problem is at the back plate. Only doing the swap, you can know this. Follow their directions. I assure you that they do know what are doing.

Soon, you will have the bad Summit fixed! I wish that I could be there with you, helping you!

Reberto : Well switched back plates ended up sending it back for repair martin Logan ended up replacing both the lower and front driver amps and now I have a speaker that has more bass output than the other speaker. Will probably end up sending it back for a check out or an update to match the one repaired. Haven’t heard anything yet but expect to. Having built in bass amps is nice till they go down! I’ve had numerous problems with them and Martin Logan has been very patient with me and helped, they are very good. Scott has been very professional and nice to work with.

Ken, you will have your Summits singing back as they should. You can swap the suspect component with the other Summit and track for sure the culprit.

Happy listening!

Back