Speaker cables for Odysseys

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

draka1032

Reaction score
My system consists of Odysseys (which I recently acquired) with Moon P-5 and W-5 and various sources including vinyl, digital and tape. I have been using LAT bi-wire cables left over from the old system with the Odysseys but not caring for the result as they sound somewhat unfocused. I have been told that MLs like solid core cables and it has been suggested that I try Mapleshade speaker cables. Any comments, suggestions or guidance for a ML newbie?

Hi Draka,

I run a similar setup to you. I have a Simaudio W-5, 190 watt versin with the new P5.3 pre. I used to have the P-5 pre. I also have Odyssey's. Since Simaudio has found Cardas to match their equipment the best , I decided to run that as well. Simaudio uses Cardas golden croos for everything, powercords included.Simaudio has fornd everything sounds good through the golden cross. It is a bit less forgiving than the golden reference.

I run Cardas golden reference in balanced mode between the W-5 and 5.3, and also between my Simaudio Supernova cd player and 5.3 pre. I do use the cardas golden cross biwired to the Odyssey's and find the combo great.I ran the golden ref ic's for a bit more detail and the golden cross for a bit more warmth. You can read about the differences of the wire at www.cardas.comI would suggest to you to run your pre to amo cinnection in balanced mode ( XLR )

Feel free to email or pm me. I also live in southern Ontario, Canada.

Cheers, Greg

Last edited:
Hi draka,

I second the recommendation to give Mapleshade a test drive. All non custom wire comes with a 30 day money back. 888.236.2753.

I have the "Double Helix plus" in my system and have no desire to audition any other speaker wire. Price is very competitive. 8' pair / $280. 12' pair / $340. Add $115 for the "plus" upgrade.

Very neutral, transparent, and quick. If you have any of Mapleshade's recordings, you'll understand how the wire will sound or more appropriately, not sound.

You can also contact the "Cable Company". They have a huge lending library for anyone to audition in their own system.

Good luck.

GG

You could also add Transparent to your short list - at least audition them if you can. I use them with Prodigy's and have been very happy. Several dealers I have known over the past few years have independently recommended Transparent as a good match with ML's - but ultimately it comes down to personal choice.

Good luck...

Back