Audioquest Thunderbird Zero speaker cables

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul172

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I had a pair of ML Odyssey’s and I was using two sets of Audioquest CV-8’s on each speaker. Once I I upgraded to CLX I only needed one set which I have been using with satisfactory results till I tried a set of Audioquest Thunderbird Zero cables. If you own a pair of CLX’s and have not tried the AQ Thunderbirds or a equivalent cable then you are doing yourself and the CLX a disservice. The difference with the Thunderbird in place is not subtle and what it brings out of the CLX is jaw dropping! I would have to say up to this point it is by far and away the biggest upgrade to the CLX speakers! I upgraded the speakers with Gaia II isolation feet which is great but the Thunderbird upgrade will change the way everything sounds for the better! It captures every detail in a recording that I have never heard ever in a speaker. It took about 40 hours for the cables to really come into their own after that 40 hours every listening session transforms into a listening experience! I’ve heard Elton John Madman Across the Water (SACD) several times but with the Thunderbirds connected I felt like I was listening to Elton for the first time! I can go on and on how good they are but the Thunderbirds turned music into a true emotional experience like none other I have experienced and in 30 plus years of enjoying high end systems the CLX/Thunderbird Combo are the best I’ve heard.

ThunderBird ZERO · Mythical Creature Series · Speaker Cables · Cables · AudioQuest

I have to add a little to this. I just hooked up a JL Audio CR1 to my system with the CLX speakers and I have to say it gets the AQ CV-8’s very close to the Thunderbirds performance without the CR1. So if a crossover can make a $400 pair of speaker cables sound close to a $3400 pair that’s saying somethin!

Back