Screaming Agon deal on Summits

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to the newer Logan's . Its hard for me to justify the sound of say a $1500 pair of ReQuests with new panels to a pair of $10,000 summits. I have heard them and they sound good , But not $8500. better ! Its still a Mylar panel and basically the same principle. The sub woofer is built in to the Summits and the ReQuest have a 12 inch driver that is clean to 28 HZ in a proper set up.
I guess I am getting cheap and old in my audio days. Plus I don't like the look ! wimpy panels floating on a trapezoid box !

Flame suit on.........:music:

If they were in Dark Cherry, I'd be driving to Kentucky this weekend.
That price is a steal!!

If they were in Dark Cherry, I'd be driving to Kentucky this weekend.
That price is a steal!!

I have dark cherry and your wish might come true in a few months....

When it comes to the newer Logan's . Its hard for me to justify the sound of say a $1500 pair of ReQuests with new panels to a pair of $10,000 summits. I have heard them and they sound good , But not $8500. better ! Its still a Mylar panel and basically the same principle. The sub woofer is built in to the Summits and the ReQuest have a 12 inch driver that is clean to 28 HZ in a proper set up.
I guess I am getting cheap and old in my audio days. Plus I don't like the look ! wimpy panels floating on a trapezoid box !

I hear ya CAP. While the Summits are nice, etc, I'll keep my reQuests thankyouverymuch! Now, show me the CLX and we might have something to trade up to!!

Wow, what a steal! These are something like $1500 less than the best price I've seen for these in the past. Its such a good deal I'd be suspicious, but the seller has really good feedback ratings. If I didn't already have summits, I'd be seriously considering these.

Aw jeez! I just put a deposit down on Vantages and fresco-i 3 days ago + surrounds of a different brand. I got a great deal, but this ... is .... aw jeez!

Holy geez... that's even better than my local Summit deal!!

Damn it... if I only waited 1+ years.... :).

Someone here should jump on those! The current market price for used Summits is around $7500 now, post-price jump.

Joey

PS
I like my trapezoidal box... thankyouverymuch!

Aw jeez! I just put a deposit down on Vantages and fresco-i 3 days ago + surrounds of a different brand. I got a great deal, but this ... is .... aw jeez!

Put a hold on that deal! Get this deal instead!!

Yeah, I think so too

I hear ya CAP. While the Summits are nice, etc, I'll keep my reQuests thankyouverymuch! Now, show me the CLX and we might have something to trade up to!!
I agree w/ Tom and C.A.P. (although I have CLS/Depth, not ReQuests) There was a time I would've jumped on this one, but that was before the impending CLX's started rattling my cage too. So for now, it's gonna be 'wait and see.'

ok contacted the seller. My only concern is angering my dealer who has really hooked me up. Man. I guess I will only break the bad news to dealer if this Audiogoner will sell to me. After all, my dealer's space is at a premium and I believe he's ordered the pair from ML. hm.

Beauty in the eye of the beholder!

Hi C.A.P,

Having had the SL3's for five years before purchasing the Summits, my personal opinion is that it is a significant upgrade and well worth the money. This includes not only the new panel technology and the air frame but the powered subwoofers complete with crossover adjustments.

Its literally impossible for me to describe in words the advantages that this new technology brings. One thing I might add, which hasn't been previously stated, is the the air frame allows for much better horizontal dispersion. Implication is that "off center" listening is much more engaging without the "wings" blocking the sound.

And as far as asthetics goes, I love it and the new design significantly decreases the "I have a big speaker in the room" perception. I'll take the "wimpy" panels any day of the week.

GG

Unfortunately this isn't the only screaming deal I've seen on MLs lately.

I've seen a number of pairs of Odysseys go for less than $3000. One sold pair has an ad still on Agon for $2250 (although rated 7 on Agon scale) another I saw on Spearit Sound 's used equipment website for $2799. There were a couple others on Agon too.

It's killing me that I can't take advantage of some of these deals I've come across.

Kruppy, first of all I would like to kindly thank you for this listing.

Update- Have had email dialog with seller. Of course then had to call dealer. As I was as respectful as I could possibly be, my dealer was understanding but slightly/rather unwilling to let go of the sale, which is obviously and totally understandable. As the great dealer he is, he made me a counteroffer on his own demo Summits, while significantly priced above the Audiogon listing, his are 1. mint condition 2. with factory warranty intact. Still an excellent price, wont share here and now though. Of course, no shipping fees or great fears either when opening the boxes. I have till tomorrow to decide.

I believe I may be on the fastest track to joeyitis there is. Do I have a malignant case after only putting a deposit 3 days ago? Talk about cutting to the chase. I shudder to fear what the future holds. Maybe it's all Kruppy's fault. :p

Take two deep breaths and say yes!

Dear jk319,

Go for it. Once you get those Summits singing, you'll never look back. :rocker:

GG

Dear Gordon Gray,

Thank you. I just sent my dealer an email 15 minutes ago. Doing the Summits! LOL. :eek: :D :eek: This was the VERY LAST thing I was expecting to happen when I logged on to this forum earlier today. omg. I was thinking about posting something like "Just put a deposit on Vantages for the second time". Instead- um, Im at a loss for words...

Geez, this forum is dangerous. Maybe I should take it off my bookmarks. :

Latest posts

Back