say goodbye to my pink living room!! yay!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the dent will get fixed.. I can't live with it like that, even though it's really hard to see... I still know it's there, if you know what I mean?!? Grrr. It doesn't affect performance since it's only cosmetic.

I updated my system photo and included some historical photos of my system over the years.. It's pretty cool to see how it's changed.

Hello,
Tom, your Joey V Edition Summits look amazing. Hope you get your dent gets resolved painlessly. Props as well on the room redesign as well.
Cheers,
Mark

Try this to fix the dent.

Try to thread a piece of fishing line through some of the small holes and pull it out.
Torry

I can see the dent in the distant photos. Its a shame because those are beautifully optioned speakers. It's just cosmetic but those speakers are too nice to let that go. If you don't fix it soon get used to it and just let it go.

You may want to try pulling out that dent with a shaped coat hanger or fishing line but I don't recommend this method because you could scratch the black powder coating. The best way would be to remove the grille/panel assembly and push it out from the back side in order the maintain an accurate curve that blends with the rest of the grille.

You would need to remove the front panel assembly and gently tap the back of the grill out with the palm of your hand against a firm backing. It would only take a little skill to make it perfect again. The hardest part is removing the grill which is a complete assembly with the panel. Jim Powers and his team can send you the instructions if you are so inclined.

Overall, its a real easy fix and much less trouble than trying to file a claim.

Last edited:
What the heck do those courier guys do?

I'd have to boot my speakers harder than I care to think about for it do do that sort of damage.

This was done through the box (and being down the bottom, foam one would assume). Amazing!

It's tough to dent those bottom panels, I just dont see how that can happen short of actually hitting the lower part of the box. It's good that it is very well reinforced with foam down there.. and only a dent was done.

JP should be able to easily help you out, Tom. Let me know if you need my help.

Joey

Tom, you've got enough photographic evidence to prove that FedEx mishandled the boxes. I think you should file a claim ASAP, and have them pay for the repair. You might need to send the stat panel back to ML to be fixed, or replaced.

Tom, sorry to see the dent there, but you should be able to get it fixed pretty easily. Alan is right, you have good evidence of the shipping damage, I'd be talking to the carrier as well.

Regarding the room setup and positioning, I think it looks great the way you have it now. I thought they were a bit too far apart prior. Next time I'm in Emmeryville I'll have to come over for a listen!

room

my suggestion to you is to get a wider tv stand and put all my components on it, no need to buy any longer cables. i have seen some really nice stands for tv's. this way less trouble for you and looks will be good. one thing it will cost you money. good luck and lsitening.

I had a dent that inoticed in my descent shipping as well - different kind of grill - but, yeah, it took me about 3 days to notice it. It was very slight - but I had it covered via the insurance anyway. Yeah - get it fixed - it will drive you crazy... but in the meantime -don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your new speakers!!! tim

woofer grill is in the mail from ML. 25 bucks.. Thanks Jim Power!

I got intstructions on how to replace it.. looks easy.

Tom.

When I read about reasonable fixes to dented grills, I get pretty excited about the ML line. Call me simple.

Tom, that new setup looks awesome. After I get done hanging all the room treatments, I have a feeling it will be time for me to repaint as well.

you are lucky that's all

I ship and recieve on an almost daily basis and ups and fedex pride themselves on how much damage the can inflict!they just do not care
I really can not believe one or both are not fubar after shipping I would be happy to replace a grill. by the way those ml's look really good in that room I
prefer the new look of the speakers very much over the old ones.

woofer grill is in the mail from ML. 25 bucks.. Thanks Jim Power!

I got intstructions on how to replace it.. looks easy.

Tom.
Hi Tom,

I have the exact same problem with my Vantages since they were new. I have been ignoring it but if it is only $25 I will order a new woofer grill as well. Could you please tell me how to get in touch with Jim Power?

Hi Tom,

I have the exact same problem with my Vantages since they were new. I have been ignoring it but if it is only $25 I will order a new woofer grill as well. Could you please tell me how to get in touch with Jim Power?

Wow. With your avatar, I should just ban you immediately. Grrrrr. just kidding, of course.. :p
Here's Jim's email add: [email protected]

you can also look at the sticky at the very top of this part of the forum: ML Customer Support info - READ THIS

Attachments

• DCP_0933.JPG
    DCP_0933.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I'm a firm believer in fate, and that things are what they are for a reason. It's very apparent that those Summits were built to be in your living room Tom, even though they came by way of Joey. The whole setup works together just right..... I hope you get it all to sound as good as it looks...fabulous, simply fabulous!

Back