Sanders Sound 10c's receive HP's Golden Ear Awards 2010

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela

Reaction score
Hi guys,

While at T.H.E. Show this year, Harry Pearson came by Roger's room and asked that Roger send him the 10c Speakers to review. Harry has reviewed some of Roger's products in the past (on the site under Prior Reviews) and we were pleased to send everything off as soon as Roger and Ramsey got back from Las Vegas. Within the month, Harry was already calling with some questions as he was trying to hit the deadline for print and this is when he broke the good news to Roger.
eusa_dance.gif

During this same time, James Tanner, at Bryston, called and ordered a pair of 10c's for one of his listening rooms at his home; which is where they do their critical listening for their product development.

The June/July issue is not online yet and we do not have permission to print anything yet (should have this worked out this week), so all I can tell you is that it is in the issue that most have received by mail within this past week.

There will be a full interview and review later this year.
woot.gif

Hi guys,

While at T.H.E. Show this year, Harry Pearson came by Roger's room and asked that Roger send him the 10c Speakers to review. Harry has reviewed some of Roger's products in the past (on the site under Prior Reviews) and we were pleased to send everything off as soon as Roger and Ramsey got back from Las Vegas. Within the month, Harry was already calling with some questions as he was trying to hit the deadline for print and this is when he broke the good news to Roger.
eusa_dance.gif

During this same time, James Tanner, at Bryston, called and ordered a pair of 10c's for one of his listening rooms at his home; which is where they do their critical listening for their product development.

The June/July issue is not online yet and we do not have permission to print anything yet (should have this worked out this week), so all I can tell you is that it is in the issue that most have received by mail within this past week.

There will be a full interview and review later this year.
woot.gif

Congrats... the 10c has the digital x-over right?

Hate to make you feel not so special, but every single product that was reviewed in TAS last year got an editors choice award, golden ear award or product of the year award.

Timm, yes, the 10c has the digital crossover AND the Magtech amp. It really allows the listener to dial it in anyway they want. It comes programmed from the factory and has a default in case you noodle too far and want to come back to how it was delivered.

Lots of orders since Friday and the award just came out. We are pleased.

Jeff,
Don't worry, you have said nothing to make the company feel less special. and oh by the way, these speakers have not been reviewed yet

We are very pleased to have Harry Pearson's stamp of approval. We consider receiving Harry Pearson's Golden Ear Award the highlight of 2010!

Cheers,
Angela

Last edited:
Hate to make you feel not so special, but every single product that was reviewed in TAS last year got an editors choice award, golden ear award or product of the year award.
I subscribe to TAS and I guess I don't pay enough attention. That is too funny.:D

Jeff,
Don't worry, you have said nothing to make the company feel less special. and oh by the way, these speakers have not been reviewed yet

We are very pleased to have Harry Pearson's stamp of approval. We consider receiving Harry Pearson's Golden Ear Award the highlight of 2010!

Cheers,
Angela

Hope that translates into some sales for you....

But again, if everyone gets a trophy for the soccer match it's not terribly meaningful to those that truly did excel.

Timm, yes, the 10c has the digital crossover AND the Magtech amp. It really allows the listener to dial it in anyway they want. It comes programmed from the factory and has a default in case you noodle too far and want to come back to how it was delivered.

Lots of orders since Friday and the award just came out. We are pleased.

Congrats!

Good to hear the orders are picking up as well.

Angela,

Congratulations!!!

Be careful what you wish for, though. My understanding is that you guys are a small company and demand could spike. Also, you guys have that postage paid free trial, don't you, that can open things up for possible abuse...

Hi David,

THANKS!

The volume of sales has been steadily increasing over the last year and a half. Even with the economy, last year's sales were very brisk - with larger % outside US where the exchange rate makes for an even better deal for those customers. With lot's of inventory in stock, a good chunk of change in the bank, low overhead, and no debt; Roger is set up to not only hang in there during this economy, but actually be very successful. We are feeling very good about how things are going.

I appreciate your comments and heads-up about the in-home trials and potential for misuse. I am pleased to report that Roger has been offering in-home trials since the Innersound days (~14 years) and has never had anyone take advantage of it (knock on wood!). He believes in and trusts in people to do the right thing and that has always served him well.

Last edited:
Hi David,

I appreciate your comments and heads-up about the in-home trials and potential for misuse. I am pleased to report that Roger has been offering in-home trials since the Innersound days (~14 years) and has never had anyone take advantage of it (knock on wood!). He believes in and trusts in people to do the right thing and that has always served him well.

Hi Angela,

I was thinking more in terms of the new/ extra publicity and people trying and returning, which can cause havoc from a production/ returns perspective.

Good to hear that you guys have been doing great in the recesssion. Great to see entrepreneurs succeed!

Hi Angela,

I was thinking more in terms of the new/ extra publicity and people trying and returning, which can cause havoc from a production/ returns perspective.

Good to hear that you guys have been doing great in the recession. Great to see entrepreneurs succeed!

David, Oh, I see what you mean. but you know what? No one has ever returned speakers on the in-home trial.
nerd.gif

Let's hope that streak continues!

That's a tad harsh. Have you heard the 10c's?

Yes, his comment may be.

I went to RMAF to listen to them and was shocked at how rude Roger was. He literally wouldn't talk and answer any questions. I waited and waited and finally left. Bought other speakers. So, I thought that was a little harsh as well.

Hope that translates into some sales for you....

But again, if everyone gets a trophy for the soccer match it's not terribly meaningful to those that truly did excel.

They have a good price, so I have been interested. Haven't seen one "live". You seem to have good ears, perhaps they will loan you a pair for review.

Yes, his comment may be.

I went to RMAF to listen to them and was shocked at how rude Roger was. He literally wouldn't talk and answer any questions. I waited and waited and finally left. Bought other speakers. So, I thought that was a little harsh as well.

When I saw your post this morning, I told Roger about it. He wanted me to relay to you that he apologizes if you felt that he was being rude, that was certainly not his intent.
Roger is very customer oriented. At the shows; he tries to personally talk with everyone that he can. As you can imagine, shows can be quite busy and he may not be able to get to everyone that is in the room, especially since he is doing it all himself.
I realize that you stated that you bought other speakers, but if you ever find that you need some "quality time", please just give him a call. He has more time to spend outside of the shows and can give you all the time you need to get your questions answered.

best,
Angela

When I saw your post this morning, I told Roger about it. He wanted me to relay to you that he apologizes if you felt that he was being rude, that was certainly not his intent.
Roger is very customer oriented. At the shows; he tries to personally talk with everyone that he can. As you can imagine, shows can be quite busy and he may not be able to get to everyone that is in the room, especially since he is doing it all himself.
I realize that you stated that you bought other speakers, but if you ever find that you need some "quality time", please just give him a call. He has more time to spend outside of the shows and can give you all the time you need to get your questions answered.

best,
Angela

Ok. If I'm at RMAF this year, I may try again...

Not sure what a 10c is so i just checked them out on the Sanders site. The price is about that of the Summits with one 10" driver. Does anyone know if they are comparable to the Spires or Summits? or are they somehow too different to compare to ML's line?

Just wondering, is the panel technology for electrostats the same in terms of the materials and construction? It seems logical that all manufactures would use the same material, which provides optimal response, as it is all off-the-shelf and no one is developing new materials for this purpose.

Do the Sander panels need replacement? I noticed that they offer a lifetime warranty so panel replacement should not be an issue.

Actually, there are dramatic differences in the these technologies.
As regards to the panels, there are two key elements: the stator and the diaphragm coating.
Stator
  • ML uses perforated steel that is then power coated
  • Sanders uses glass encapsulation of the conductors that are then machined to form slots.
Diaphragm
  • ML uses Indium tin oxide that is lightly applied by sputtering in a vacuum chamber
  • Sanders uses ultra high purity graphite that is embedded into the diaphragm

The warranty has been discussed in another thread, but I will add this for you here. A lifetime warranty is possible because because the panels do not fail (i.e. do not need to be replaced).

Cheers,
Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back