Recommended Upgrade from Sequels?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPD

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm wondering if I could get some recommendations for best upgrades from my Sequels. The criteria:

1. Prefer 2nd hand, although not mandatory
2. Less than $2K for a pair
3. Tall! One of the things I love about the Sequels is their 72", which is great for soundfield.
4. A sonic improvement over what I have now (original Sequels upgraded with SL3 panels)

What would folks recommend?

Ascent Is should be within your budget. I found when I went from Sequel IIs to Ascents that the primary difference was much better integration of the panels and the woofers. If your amplification worked well with Sequels, it will do the same with Ascents. My opinion - for 2 grand this is a no brainer!

I went from Sequels to reQuests. GREAT upgrade. I love the bigger panels on the reQuests... HUGE soundstage.

Too bad you didn't post this last week... I'm getting Summits and my reQuests were up for sale. Sold them already, though.

Ascent's are the next in the lineage for the Sequel, so you're getting newer technology in about the same size/performance for the time period. Great speakers.. easy to live with and way easier to drive than your Sequels.

Good Luck!

Tom.

Last edited:
I'd suggest ReQuests. The bigger panel offers a great soundstage and wonderful mid-range.

Edit: Funny... Tom and I posted that at almost the exact same time!

What are the years of production for the Ascents and Requests?

What is the best place to find specifications for them, or for that matter, any legacy ML models?

Are the upgrades fairly noticeable or fairly subtle?

Back