Random Picture and Video Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More:
Wa51179739117.jpg
Wb61179739303.jpg
W7z1179739467.jpg
W8z1179739481.jpg
W9y1179739567.jpg

Umm, what does scientifically processed mean?

Is that like naturally artificial? :)

Taken back on May 12th, a local get together. I have too many pictures, these will have to do for now.
Targa+11179771815.jpg
Targa+21179771894.jpg
B11179771908.jpg
B21179771920.jpg

B71179771975.jpg
Is that an original Aston Martin? I can't tell from the badge on the other pic of it. Anyway, I love seeing cars being driven instead of over-restored into static pieces. Is that actually two running Citroen SMs? Scary.

It's a real AC from England before Carol Shelby got a hold of them. It was the roughest car there, (mine was a far second) and it got the most attention of any car. The six foot plus passenger had to squeeze himeself in, but once in he was just fine.

Attachments

• AC2.jpg
    AC2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 152
Interior had a lot of character too.:D

Attachments

• AC1.jpg
    AC1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 156
Kach,

LOVE THE CARS! What a mix! Ferrari, Ford, A/C, Porsche, Rolls! WOW! That is some kind of show!

Kach,

LOVE THE CARS! What a mix! Ferrari, Ford, A/C, Porsche, Rolls! WOW! That is some kind of show!
There is a storage place in the area where they keep the cars (sprinkler and security system). I know one of the guys so I get to hang with them when I want.

I just have to get my valves adjust so I can go to more of the PCA events, I have to be able to keep up you know.

Last edited:
There is a storage place in the area where they keep the cars (sprinkler and security system). I know one of the guys so I get to hang with them when I want.

NICE! I have the security side covered, but no sprinkler system. SO are you saying ONE GUY owns most of or ALL of the cars pictured, or is it a group of guys who went in together to get a place for their toys? Or are just a handful of the many, many cars that were there that go to the sprinkler/security controlled location?

It's a real AC from England before Carol Shelby got a hold of them. It was the roughest car there, (mine was a far second) and it got the most attention of any car. The six foot plus passenger had to squeeze himeself in, but once in he was just fine.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about my guess, I was thinking it might be pre-David Brown or something. I wouldn't have guessed AC even with the very-AC grill because I've NEVER seen an AC coupe, even in pictures. Weird.

http://www.redbalcony.com/?vid=20633

Not sure what the deal is, but if you haul through a toll booth, aim better.

Oh My God! That is INSANE! Did you see how fast the cop got there? I wonder if he had been chasing the guy for speeding already! You almost NEVER see a car crash and bust into flames like there either...WOW!! That was INSANE! A friend sent me some pics of the same kind of thing that were REALLY nasty. It was last halloween and an 18 year old girl got drunk at home, took her dads keys to his brand new Porsche 911 and proceeded to do basically the same thing. It was a convertible though and there were pics of her (or what was left) and shots of her gray matter on the pavement...it was REALLY BAD! If you did not know the car was a Porsche you would never have known what it was from the pics that is for sure! Nasty!

NICE! I have the security side covered, but no sprinkler system. SO are you saying ONE GUY owns most of or ALL of the cars pictured, or is it a group of guys who went in together to get a place for their toys? Or are just a handful of the many, many cars that were there that go to the sprinkler/security controlled location?
A warehouse with over 200 cars and many owners. There are bathrooms and work area which I think can be leased short term for a higer rate if your car in in pieces. One front engine 1960's Ferrari is in a giant wheel of some kind getting it's dents ponded out. Another guy has a bunch of Lotus parts out, with two new engines wraped in plastic. The other Lotus must be in his large lockers or something.

First Saturday of every month they pull the car covers half way off and break out coffee and bagels. Last month they set up a powerpoint show with a PA speaker system and had a lubercants expert lecture.

Besides the lecture corner with chairs and tables their are two toilet rooms and an office.

The story is one of the big real estate developers in town bought this old building and did not know what to do with it, he had no luck find a commercial single tenant. He asked around and decided to be the first in town to do car storage unit, it's 100% full and looks lke it always will be.

People bring their other collector cars and pull them inside or leave them outside on the first Saturday of every month. I think the really nice cars are still at the many owners various home garages. I say 30% of the cars at the ride on May 12th are not even kept at the main warehouse.

There you have it, how to make a million dollars without really trying idea. Someone should go natioanl with this concept. My collector car insurance is base on me keeping it in my own garage, I'm not sure how these guys do it.

They allow photos in the warehouse but ask that you don't post them on the Internet and you don't tell the world of it's exact location. I think they filled up the whole warehouse by work of mouth in only a few short years.

http://www.pondmill.com/en/products_wind.html
Enviro%20600%20RPD%20series.jpg

http://www.pondmill.com/gallery/
700-series.jpg

610-series-solar.jpg

Last edited:
A warehouse with over 200 cars and many owners. There are bathrooms and work area which I think can be leased short term for a higer rate if your car in in pieces.

The story is one of the big real estate developers in town bought this old building and did not know what to do with it, he had no luck find a commercial single tenant. He asked around and decided to be the first in town to do car storage unit, it's 100% full and looks lke it always will be.

My collector car insurance is base on me keeping it in my own garage, I'm not sure how these guys do it.

Very cool! That is a GREAT idea...my brother is about to take a new job and will be making a lot of money so maybe he would like to bankrole something like that! I would love to do it.

My collector car insurance is the same...I am not sure how that would work. It might be one of those things that you could get a full approval from the insurance company if you went straight to them as the owner of the storage facility. They would probably say that coverage from a dent or scratch in the garage would not be covered, but if the roof fell in or while you are driving you might still be good. That would probably be enough for most folks... hell, I scratch my cars from time to time in my own garage...

Lotus Spy Shots I just took!

I think this might be the electric Lotus done by a 3rd party vendor, I'm not sure.

What do you think?

I'ts been sitting outside the Lotus EPA engineering testing center in Ann Arbor, Michigan for at least a week. I don't drive much so I can't say for sure.

It has a small spare tire on it, and has been sitting for at least a week, you can see all the dirt from the recent rain we have had here.

Do you see a gas fill tank cap?

Do see where it might plug in?

I's far less insect-like than the current car, and not as round as the older version.

I like it, and it's the right color.;)

L21179935441.jpg
L31179935452.jpg
L51179935465.jpg
L61179935477.jpg

Back