Random Picture and Video Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another little speedster (although not quite a fast as the others):

http://www.teslamotors.com/

Base price $92k. The initial production run is sold out.

Unfortunately the website photos are a bit dark.

Attachments

• wallpaper_front3-4_view.jpg
    wallpaper_front3-4_view.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 263
Went to the old hood Friday............................if dad could see me now, what would he say?

D31176574337.jpg

Some people never get out alive.

Middle of the day, Friday downtown Ann Arbor, Michigan 04/13/07...................how many are on the road already?
A21176573885.jpg
A31176573896.jpg
A41176573911.jpg
A61176573935.jpg

I like the rear of the car, the front is just too blunt - looks front engined a little bit.

A71176576918.jpg
A81176576930.jpg

You don't see a lot of these anymore. Pictures taken the same day, but on the Detroit/Dearborn border.

C11176575949.jpg
C21176575962.jpg
C31176575973.jpg

Last edited:
The once mighty Rouge Plant in Dearborn, Michigan.............like we have lost a war, Russian's own the steel operations now. F-150's stacking up like cord wood too.

FOR+11176579860.jpg
FOR+21176579874.jpg

Airship and Submersible craft
based on inventions and designs from
Nikola Tesla and Viktor Schauberger

http://www.frank.germano.com/airship.htm
dirigiblesection2.jpg

Composite fan blade containment case
http://www.compositesworld.com/hpc/issues/2005/May/866
866-b.jpg

A fan case made from A&P's braided preform, showing the integral flanges and the profile formed on the capstan.

NASA GRC's materials research engineer Gary Roberts led a research project to develop the new generation of composite fan case materials, to demonstrate improved containment capability and damage tolerance for composite materials; demonstrate commercial feasibility; and mitigate the risk of using the new composite technology. A&P Technology's Mike Braley demonstrated the containment capability, damage tolerance and commercial feasibility of a braided reinforcement during a NASA-sponsored SBIR Program.......................(pg 2) The technology has been successfully demonstrated for the hardwall-type case and may find its first application on a turbofan jet engine built by Williams International (Walled Lake, Mich.).

http://www.tech.plym.ac.uk/sme/MATS231/applications.htm
FiberPathGenoa.jpg

earthrace%20animé.gif

I found this on a sci fi tech blog

Being able to fly is one of the most universal dreams out there. Who hasn't daydreamed about flying through the air, or awoken to the sound of your alarm going off disappointed that you can't really leap off your roof and fly to your friend's house? The freedom of being able to fly would be simply amazing.
Well, guess what? A crazy Swiss guy is doing it, and chances are it looks way, way too scary for the likes of you and me. Yves Rossy, a former jet and commercial airline pilot, has always wanted to fly. So he went ahead and built himself a set of wings with an engine on the back, allowing him to fly horizontally for over four minutes after tossing himself out of a plane. I've got to admit it looks like a blast, I'd just be really embarrassed to have the pee streaming down my leg flying out behind me for that far. Check a video of Yves in action after the jump. . — Adam Frucci​

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 304
The walk into work this morning, an old U of M building being raised.

A11177162482.jpg
A21177162492.jpg
A31177162502.jpg
A41177162511.jpg

http://thezeropoint.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_thezeropoint_archive.html
ZA.0.jpg

The Ferrari 275 GTB
On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris. The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine, through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur. No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit. The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up real one-way streets. Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground until a DVD release a few years ago.

Video of Ferrari in Paris:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht6CBM7LTY0

Wikipedia on the subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Lelouch

Last edited:
The Ferrari 275 GTB
Video of Ferrari in Paris:

Yea, that is BS. Well, I am not saying the guy DIDN'T own a Ferrari, only that it is NOT the sound of the Ferrari that you hear doing the actual driving that day (yes, the engine is a dubbed in Ferrari V12, but it does not match the picture on the screen). Just watch the car turn and then later hear the tires squeal. Yea, NOT! Also, the guy is not going NEARLY as fast as it might seem. Park a camers 6" above the road and criuse along at 60 mph (still speeding mind you) but it will look WAY faster than that. I think the truth came out later he was driving a Mercedes or Peugot or something like that.

Just clicked on the wiki link...DAMN I AM GOOD!!

If you're looking for a street racer, the KTM X-Bow might just be the car for you. Its carbon fiber chassis keeps its weight down to a feather-light 1543 lb., and its 220 hp turbo engine built by Audi keeps its power-to-weight ratio high. The result? You'll be sitting in a low-slung pocket rocket that's scarcely larger than a go-cart but goes a whole lot faster. How fast? How does zero to 62 mph in 3.9 seconds sound?

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 251
If you're looking for a street racer, the KTM X-Bow might just be the car for you. Its carbon fiber chassis keeps its weight down to a feather-light 1543 lb., and its 220 hp turbo engine built by Audi keeps its power-to-weight ratio high. The result? You'll be sitting in a low-slung pocket rocket that's scarcely larger than a go-cart but goes a whole lot faster. How fast? How does zero to 62 mph in 3.9 seconds sound?

I'd rather have a Posche 911 (997) Twin Turbo tiptronic! 0-60 in 3.8 sec top speed pretty much 200 mph! Air conditioning handles like it is on rails (though maybe not as good as that X-bow or a Lotus Exige for that matter)... BUT, you can actually GO places in the 911, NOT the X-bow or the Lotus!

I'd rather have a Posche 911 (997) Twin Turbo tiptronic! 0-60 in 3.8 sec top speed pretty much 200 mph! Air conditioning handles like it is on rails (though maybe not as good as that X-bow or a Lotus Exige for that matter)... BUT, you can actually GO places in the 911, NOT the X-bow or the Lotus!

now you're just being practical :p

Back