Ramblings About Dedicated Music Rooms

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A serious question, for those who have their ML systems in the same space as the kitchen/dining room:

How do you deal with the smoke and oil/grease in that environment, with respect to keeping the panels clean? Or is that not a problem?

I have mine in a dedicated room. This is great for dedicating yourself to the task at hand, be it music or film. But yes it does have its drawbacks, mainly that I don't have access to the ML sound as often as I would have if they were not in a dedicated room.

A serious question, for those who have their ML systems in the same space as the kitchen/dining room:

How do you deal with the smoke and oil/grease in that environment, with respect to keeping the panels clean? Or is that not a problem?

I have mine in a dedicated room. This is great for dedicating yourself to the task at hand, be it music or film. But yes it does have its drawbacks, mainly that I don't have access to the ML sound as often as I would have if they were not in a dedicated room.
I keep the dust covers on at all times and manipulate airflow in a protective pattern with window fans

... How do you deal with the smoke and oil/grease in that environment, with respect to keeping the panels clean? Or is that not a problem?

Good question!

My Summits are ~20 ft from the stove, and I hope the concentration of fumes drops off exponentially. Fortunately, most of our greasy/smoky cooking takes place on our outdoor grill.

Maybe I should do a "Q-tip" swab of the panels and send it somewhere for analysis! :D

Good question!

My Summits are ~20 ft from the stove, and I hope the concentration of fumes drops off exponentially.
My speakers are about 25 ft from the stove. If oil migrated to the speakers, then everything would be covered with a film of oil, and I tend to think it would be obvious. As for fumes - you can only be so paranoid.

That is a problem whether you have a dedicated room or not. That sort of thing fills the house regardless!

In my house it is quite simple - no smoky/greasy cooking inside......ever....period. We've got a gas wok burner on our barbecue and that is used for all frying/smelly cooking.

I guess that's okay for a Queensland environment, but what about if you get snow? Too bad I say. Or else install a very good rangehood that vents to the outside!

So just to sum up, magic pot enhances musical enjoyment.
Does it have to be magical or will any pot be fine? ;)
Unsure if I can get a hold of the local dealer/wizard on short notice..

Gordon - you shouldn't be so sensitive about it - that was one of the best threads MLOC has ever had the privilege to host. You should be proud.

Just my honest opinion.

Justin

Hi Justin,

Appreciate your feedback. I believe, in retrospect, that I was reacting to some s**t in my personal life and was having a bad day.

Thank you for your insight.

I will try to lighten up.

Magic pots. Pretty funny in retrospect.

The "dots" thread did elicit some meaningful comments that underscores the "if I can't measure it, it doesn't exist" position versus the opposite side of the spectrum and everything in between.

Thank you for keeping me "grounded".

Tim, thanks again for the PM.

Best,

Gordon

Latest posts

Back