Please help with a Depth sub

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jclark1452

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I found this forum through one of the guys on Audiokarma.

I recently rescued a Depth sub from a goodwill store near me. It seems to power up, and for the price, I couldn't leave it behind. 1 of the 3 grill covers is a little cracked, but otherwise it's in good cosmetic shape.

The problem is, it doesn't seem to work. I can supply a signal, but I get no output. The led changes from amber to green as it should, but no sound comes out. I've used speaker level and line level inputs without success. I can hear a very faint turn on thump, but no sound, regardless of level. I can feel the speaker cones vibrating very slightly when the unit is on. When I switch it off, the vibration stops.

It seems like the amplifier just isn't getting the signal.

Thanks to your serial number pdf, I can say that my unit was made in April '05.

Has anyone experienced anything similar with your equipment? Any known issues with these units? How's the ML service department?

I've started communicating by email with someone in ML's service dept. They seem to be much friendlier and more supportive than I've encountered from other manufacturers. Hopefully they'll be able to let me know if parts are available and what the costs would be. I'm just hoping someone here might have a little additional info to help my troubleshooting.

Thanks!
Brian

Hello,
Wow. That is not what I would ever expect to find at a Goodwill Store as working non i Model Depth's still go for around a grand on the Used Market and sell about as quickly as they are listed. Definitely worth a call to ML. Must live in an affluent area if folks are throwing away Subwoofers like that.
Cheers,
JJ

Just an update...

Thanks for the responses guys. I've been in touch with ML and got an RMA number to send the back plate to them. They've been very helpful, and are going to look it over and let me know what's wrong with it.

Hopefully it won't be too expensive, and I'll be able to get it back up and running. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Back