New CLS panels no left and right?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL...the first was CLS, then CLS I, then CLS IA, then CLS II and then CLS IIZ. On these four models, CLS had the horizontal spars, then CLS I and CLS Ia had the vertical sides with the same size, and the CLS II had the left speaker at the out side bigger then the inner side. In other words, you do have left and right speaker with CLS II and up versions...happy listening,Roberto.
You forgot the CLS IIa :D

Rick, Krell and ML is a combo that might turn out being too razor sharp. Both companies, in their competence field, are building quite revealing gear. If you choose to ride the SS horse with ML's, I'd steer away from Krell and check out Accuphase (just an example). But the best experiences around here, from them who can (TM) seem to be tubes & ML. Not what I favor and not my flavour, but nevertheless something to check out.

Many thanks, Lugano. This makes sense. Guess that I will have to wait until I purchase my MLs to see how my Krell gear sounds with MLs. I do have a tube system as well, so it may be a lot of fun to learn the best combination. Hopefully, I will decide which MLs, soon. Then, I'll post and let everyone know the models and what happens.

Thanks again!

Rick

Congrats with the new stators ... :D

I have a few question for all of you regarding my own pair CLS which has replacement stators made back in 1993, im planning getting a new pair of stators to keep my set running for a new decade or two ;)

Is there a performance gain to get CLSZ panels ?

What is the current price for a new pair of CLS stators ?

Is it possible to phuchase the stators directly from ML ?

Congrats with the new stators ... :D

I have a few question for all of you regarding my own pair CLS which has replacement stators made back in 1993, im planning getting a new pair of stators to keep my set running for a new decade or two ;)

Is there a performance gain to get CLSZ panels ?

What is the current price for a new pair of CLS stators ?

Is it possible to phuchase the stators directly from ML ?

I think that those are the only panels that you can get, but you'd better check out.

The price is $990 in the US and about the double in Europe. And no, you can't buy them directly from ML if they have a distributor in your country, which seems to be the case: http://www.dk.martinlogan.com/distributor_info.html

Thank you for the info ;)
just had a long talk with my local distributor (50min.),
and it seems like im forced to pay 2918.54 US$ for a new pair of stators ..., i believe thats just a matter i have to accept

Thank you for the info ;)
just had a long talk with my local distributor (50min.),
and it seems like im forced to pay 2918.54 US$ for a new pair of stators ..., i believe thats just a matter i have to accept

VAT kills you... it's at 25% in Norway or am I wrong ?

almost 3000$ .... insane. This greed is what kills HiFi in Europe.

And the US Producers are loosing A LOT of sales because of their distributors.

VAT kills you... it's at 25% in Norway or am I wrong ?

almost 3000$ .... insane. This greed is what kills HiFi in Europe.

And the US Producers are loosing A LOT of sales because of their distributors.

Yes ..., even worse since i live in Denmark, first of all there is costum 15% the calculation is made for the stators + shipping and then on top of it 25% VAT ..., im in a state of a feeling some things are greater than the single human ;)

I was informed that i can get CLS MKII or CLSZ panels ..., the price is the same, i was recomended only to "upgrade" for CLSZ panels if i intended to use subwoofer(s) since they have less output in the low freq. ..., so i will get me a new pair of MKII's just like mosttoysrk:)

Last edited:
Oh yeah. We know all about the 25% VAT based on everything purchased in Norway, Sweden and Denmark. That's why I spent a ton of time on researching how to repair failing panels instead of replacing them. Not that I wouldn't prefer new panels, but the final cost can be a deciding factor in some cases. :eek:

I dont want to mess with the old stators..., reason is that they in a second hand sales will go for a quite large sum of money :D
Why people want to buy them is there concern, i will not state anything other than the true matter :cool:

I was informed that i can get CLS MKII or CLSZ panels ..., the price is the same, i was recomended only to "upgrade" for CLSZ panels if i intended to use subwoofer(s) since they have less output in the low freq. ..., so i will get me a new pair of MKII's just like mosttoysrk:)[/QUOTE]

You will love the new panels, just don't expect much when they are new, they sound better and better as they break in, I am amazed at how much bass the panel can actually output. I am continually surprised at how little output the Descent sub needs to fill in the bass on these speakers.
When I first purchased these a few friends thought I was crazy investing $2100 (price with new panels) on such "old" speakers. It was great watching the expression on their faces when I fired them up. As I have noted before I had the Quests and for my music tastes the CLS just is so much better. ( not for all though, it seems) One negative, I have a hard time getting off my butt and tend to make a short listening session much longer than I intended. :)
I have even thought of purchasing a backup pair of panels just in case ML stops making them. I can't think of any other speaker I would want (yet......)

Last edited:
Agree ... thats why i tend to be rather calm regarding the cost of using (imho) the most beauteful speaker ever made :bowdown:

Latest posts

Back