My GF's soon-to-be car....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i am guessing she is keeping the budget up around 45K ?

How about the 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid. Its pretty hot right now and gets 34/30 on gas mileage with a 3K tax credit.

ESCAPE30_450_225.jpg

I still say go for the G-35 coupe and add the JWT twin turbo kit. If you have high end audio, you just gotta have a fast car!:cool:

Yang... good thoughts! My gf's bff has a G35 sedan and she liked the idea of an infiniti.... not to mention I was egging her on. :)

However, she is obviously the more practical and logical of the two of us - and she is not keen on the RWD deal. She likes the G35x sedan, but isn't going to buy a car that one of her friends has. The Acuras are getting a facelift soon from what I read and the Lexus are too expensive for what they offer.

The other car I told her about was the Benz C-Class redesigned - and Cherian told me the 4matic is awd so I told her about it. She's not too keen on the looks though, and I don't blame her.

I tried to get her to test-drive a Nissan Murano with that newfangled CVT tranny for smooth no shift-shock driving, but no go post-test drive.

This girl is picky and she's taking her time. Maybe the 3-series...?

Thanks!

Yeah I looked at the G35x as well but decided it's a little bit small. So then it was between M35x and GS350 AWD (328xi's too small and 528xi isn't as well equipped for 50-55k). Decided to go with Lexus because of the more quiet and refined ride, not to mention the superb dealership purchasing/service experience (2nd Lexus).

You know what though, for 45k, I would take a look at the Lexus ES350. FWD isn't bad in snow actually and that car is very roomy and luxurious. I also think it's very appealing. The 3rd gen TL is in its last year so... Otherwise that's a pretty nice car. I had a 2nd gen TL before.

I'm surprised that she doesn't like the C-class! It's a very nice looking car, much improvement over W203.

Nissan Murano's a pretty nice SUV from what I've seen, I never test drove one though. I'd also maybe look at the RDX actually, or even wait for the new Infiniti EX! It has the 360 degree parking thing that is just way cool!

Or, instead of the ES350 Lexus..get the Camry. I have the 07 Camry SE V6 loaded. For under 30 grand you cant go wrong. (or even pickup the hybrid)

You dont get the bragging rights, but for 10K less with virtually all of the same features...more stereo money??

Or, instead of the ES350 Lexus..get the Camry. I have the 07 Camry SE V6 loaded. For under 30 grand you cant go wrong. (or even pickup the hybrid)

You dont get the bragging rights, but for 10K less with virtually all of the same features...more stereo money??

I totally agree with this. You get virtually the same thing. The ES is however, no doubt much more luxurious than the Camry and it is also quieter and more refined overall. I doubt Joey's gf would get an aftermarket stereo?! ;) I didn't get it myself because it's very quiet and soft and I was looking for a performance luxury sedan like the GS. But that darn UL package looked so tempting with the panoramic roof!

Anyways, keep us updated and post pics Joey! :)

It sounds like your GF wants a coupe. Hold out for the Audi A5. The S5 has more HP and it far more expensive, but the A5 will have the same look. It is a stunning car. Right around the 40K range, all wheel drive. I'm guessing similar in price as the G37. I'd choose the A5, it's way better looking. My wife wanted the G35 until I showed her the A5.

It sounds like your GF wants a coupe. Hold out for the Audi A5. The S5 has more HP and it far more expensive, but the A5 will have the same look. It is a stunning car. Right around the 40K range, all wheel drive. I'm guessing similar in price as the G37. I'd choose the A5, it's way better looking. My wife wanted the G35 until I showed her the A5.

I would not get anything from Audi or VW...too many reliability/durability issues.

I would not get anything from Audi or VW...too many reliability/durability issues.

I definitely like the A5.... especially the quattro.

I'm trying to point her in the direction of Audi.

Though reliability has been questionable according to some people, the opposite has been reported by others.

Yang..I meant ML Stereo money...not car stuff =)

O haha! His gf isn't into stereo though ;)

A5 would be a great choice as well!

A5 is niiice...

I saw one in the city the other week for the first time, before I knew there was such a thing. And then I saw it on the Hitman movie last night... the car looks the part - killer. :D

I'd hump the paint off an S5. The A5 will have to suffice as I can't seem myself paying $51k for a car.

In Europe the A5 3.0TDi does 0-60 in about 5.8 seconds and gets 32mpg. Viva diesel! Hybrid what? :)

Yup.. that is THE G37..... such a beauty. In fact I ran some numbers and it is not in my best interest to even think about leasing one.

The deal I got on my G35c is too good, I cant see myself letting it go anytime soon. It's going to have to last me through residency.

Joey,

I like the G35 better than the 37 anyway! I have looked at them carefully and while the 37 *MAY* be a better car the lines are much less beautiful to my eye than the lines of the 35! Stick w/ your 35 and add a supercharger if you need more oooomph!

You know, I like the car, but I'd bet Joey GF is even better looking - how about some pictures of her Joey!

I should post a pic of her... hrm... why didn't I think of that?
Joey,

I like the G35 better than the 37 anyway! I have looked at them carefully and while the 37 *MAY* be a better car the lines are much less beautiful to my eye than the lines of the 35! Stick w/ your 35 and add a supercharger if you need more oooomph!

James!

You'd be surprised by what car is really making me drool... it's none other than the Porsche Cayman S. Everytime I see one on the streets, I can't help but to follow it... even if I have to take the longer route home! Love that wide stance and the mid-engine beaut!

Last edited:
You'd be surprised by what car is really making me drool... it's none other than the Porsche Cayman S. Everytime I see one on the streets, I can't help but to follow it... even if I have to take the longer route home! Love that wide stance and the mid-engine beaut!
OH! OH ! Sounds like someone is suffering from a classic case of Joeyitis !! :D

I should post a pic of her... hrm... why didn't I think of that?

James!

Now you're talking! That's what I'm buying after I move into my new house. I've been lusting for it for over a year. The only reason I haven't bought it is that the new house (with its garage) isn't complete. Since I bought the house my wife wanted, in the location she wanted, she will buy me the Cayman S. Hey, wait a minute, I think I got screwed!?

Now you're talking! That's what I'm buying after I move into my new house. I've been lusting for it for over a year. The only reason I haven't bought it is that the new house (with its garage) isn't complete. Since I bought the house my wife wanted, in the location she wanted, she will buy me the Cayman S. Hey, wait a minute, I think I got screwed!?

My friend... I think you got the short end of the stick!! :D:p

I would put in a request for nothing less than an Audi R8 in your case... ;).

Latest posts

Back