My GF's soon-to-be car....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Ah yes.. nothing like getting trumped by the GF....

Now that she's graduated from pharmacy school, she's got some moolah...

gc_wallpaper_ext_11.jpg

I'm a wee-bit envious... but I'll stick to my G35 coupe... for now.

:devil:

Joey :)

Joey, I loved my G35. If I hadn't found such a killer deal last year on a Cadillac CTS-V that was an 'Event Car' for a PGA tournament, I'd still have it. (Red, 6L Corvette engine, 6-speed manual transmission, and zero to sixty in 4.2 seconds. Gotta love it! :rocker: )

Joey,

You do know they are coming out with a G37.

Jeff:cool:

Yup.. that is THE G37..... such a beauty. In fact I ran some numbers and it is not in my best interest to even think about leasing one.

The deal I got on my G35c is too good, I cant see myself letting it go anytime soon. It's going to have to last me through residency.

:)

Ah yes.. nothing like getting trumped by the GF....

Now that she's graduated from pharmacy school, she's got some moolah...

gc_wallpaper_ext_11.jpg

I'm a wee-bit envious... but I'll stick to my G35 coupe... for now.

:devil:

Joey :)

....and you can now get a JWT twin turbo kit for that!

If she is paying for it with her own checks - than things must really burn. No mommy and daddy gifts there. :p

Thankfully for you, theres not much at risk when you get a few low blows.

Zing! :D ;) :p

If she is paying for it with her own checks - than things must really burn. No mommy and daddy gifts there. :p

It may also help that she doesn't have the funds draining affliction (addiction?) of Joeyitis...:D

Peter

Awesome!!!

Awww congrats to the Infiniti family :) That's so cute.

My gf is a dentist and she just bought her Acura TSX 2 months after I got my GS350 AWD. She didn't like the IS... I was hoping we'd both have Lexus' :D

Mine's gotta last me through my schooling. Get another car for residency :rocker:

Mine's gotta last me through my schooling. Get another car for residency :rocker:

Things have change since i went to school...shoot, i had a 3-cylinder 1.0L Chevy Sprint (granddaddy to Geo Metro) thru college and med school. THEN, finally, in residency, i upgraded to a Honda CRV. Wow, i sure wish that i had what you guys are having!:rocker:

Things have change since i went to school...shoot, i had a 3-cylinder 1.0L Chevy Sprint (granddaddy to Geo Metro) thru college and med school. THEN, finally, in residency, i upgraded to a Honda CRV. Wow, i sure wish that i had what you guys are having!:rocker:

Shoot, I got a classmate with an M3 and another with an S4. Ridiculous chaps. Parents fund their expenses so it's no biggie for them.

For others like me, I got to deal with the monthly payment and maintenance.... it's a big chunk of wallet money.

Shoot, I got a classmate with an M3 and another with an S4. Ridiculous chaps. Parents fund their expenses so it's no biggie for them.

For others like me, I got to deal with the monthly payment and maintenance.... it's a big chunk of wallet money.

Yeah I know a few Indians running M3's and S4's at school. That's pretty crazy!

Neil (Bobgoat) and I have been talking over PM...

Seems like my experience at my Infiniti dealer was not isolated.. these G37 coupes are in high demand, they're not budging from MSRP.

Yikes.

Neil (Bobgoat) and I have been talking over PM...

Seems like my experience at my Infiniti dealer was not isolated.. these G37 coupes are in high demand, they're not budging from MSRP.

Yikes.

You may want to check out the Pontiac G8 GT...$30K fully loaded with 361 hp, 385 torque, rear limited-slip differential, rear wheel drive, 6-speed auto. See: http://www.edmunds.com/il/pontiac/g8/index.html. Yes, i know that it's a domestic car, but it also means that you can get a good deal on it. And it has 4-doors which is a major plus if you guys get married! With these performance figures, it should be able to hand the G37's ass on a platter...at least in the straight line.

Or if you GF wants something cool, then consider the new Mitsu EVO X...300HP, superduper AWD system (handling & safety), and badass sequential superfast transmission (thus, ANYONE can drive it!). It will run circles around any car not named Porsche Carrrera S4...all for only $35K. And it has 4-doors. :)

Can i give a my viewpoint on this topic?? Sports car grow old very quickly. Within 6 months to 1 year, there will be something else that is quicker, better, and cheaper. I used to have a BMW M3 and got tired of it because everywhere i looked, there was something better. If your GF wants something that is different and won't grow old quick, then i would consider a few vehicles:
1. 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara or Rubicon (don't knock it until you get in and drive one...it is a lot more civilized than in the past, good resale value, and just plain fun for a young person/couple.)
2. Toyota FJ Cruiser...same as above, but with Toyota quality.
3. Mazda Miata...it's a classic and there is just not many worthy competition out there...Pontiac and Saturn are too crude.
4. Toyota Prius...for you greenies and traffic hogs...again, it's so damn unique that it stands by itself (in a good way).
5. Mercedes E320 CDI...expensive ($55K), but it's like getting a nice V6 performance (0-60 6.8 sec) with a 4-cyl fuel economy (23 city/34 highway)...it's a fancy diesel so the engine should last a long time. Mercedes has cornered the market in highend diesel engines. It's just a unique car that is unmatched with it's strong performance and excellent highway fuel economy. Unlike a hybrid, you don't get any compromise in the trunk and durability is not an issue.
6. Mitsu EVO X...see above.

Just a few suggestions...of course, i am living vicariously thru you guys...i love cars!

Last edited:
^^^ Definitely a list of "unique" vehicles but I'm not sure if any of those is appealing to a girl. Obviously I don't know Joey's gf but just speaking from my own personal experience, the first thing to consider when buying a car is the budget. Assuming she's looking at the G37, I'd say the budget's around 40-45k. She probably also wants something appealing, reliale, and drives nicely. Not having a family allows one to consider coupes over SUVs, and the convenience of gas engine would probably outweight the fuel economy of diesel engines. In addition, if one's looking at a luxury car, fuel economy shouldn't even be a factor. Furthermore, she probably wants a car that's not too rough. But I think most importantly, Joey either talked her into getting the G37, or she just wanted to buy the new updated version of Joey's car so she can brag about it :D :D :D

Just taking a wild guess, she probably compared the G37 vs. E92?

Last edited:
^^^ Definitely a list of "unique" vehicles but I'm not sure if any of those is appealing to a girl. Obviously I don't know Joey's gf but just speaking from my own personal experience, the first thing to consider when buying a car is the budget. Assuming she's looking at the G37, I'd say the budget's around 40-45k. She probably also wants something appealing, reliale, and drives nicely. Not having a family allows one to consider coupes over SUVs, and the convenience of gas engine would probably outweight the fuel economy of diesel engines. In addition, if one's looking at a luxury car, fuel economy shouldn't even be a factor. Furthermore, she probably wants a car that's not too rough. But I think most importantly, Joey either talked her into getting the G37, or she just wanted to buy the new updated version of Joey's car so she can brag about it :D :D :D

Just taking a wild guess, she probably compared the G37 vs. E92?

Yang... good thoughts! My gf's bff has a G35 sedan and she liked the idea of an infiniti.... not to mention I was egging her on. :)

However, she is obviously the more practical and logical of the two of us - and she is not keen on the RWD deal. She likes the G35x sedan, but isn't going to buy a car that one of her friends has. The Acuras are getting a facelift soon from what I read and the Lexus are too expensive for what they offer.

The other car I told her about was the Benz C-Class redesigned - and Cherian told me the 4matic is awd so I told her about it. She's not too keen on the looks though, and I don't blame her.

I tried to get her to test-drive a Nissan Murano with that newfangled CVT tranny for smooth no shift-shock driving, but no go post-test drive.

This girl is picky and she's taking her time. Maybe the 3-series...?

Latest posts

Back