Member Pics!

• Thread starter trippinbillies40
  • Start date
MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey amey01, You've got a good looking listening buddy there! What kind of dog is he? Lab maybe?

Dan

He's an F2 Labradoodle - Lab x minature poodle. He loves the 'logans, loves listening and is pretty demanding about being in the sweet spot. It makes changing CDs hard because he's always in my listening seat when I return!

Talk about defying laws of physics.....Check out this video of Valentino Rossi:

Dude is AMAZING! I was glad to see Nicky Haden kick some butt last year though! Put the Americans back on top! YEA BABY! I mean overall in the last 15 or 20 years we (as Americans) have DOMINATED motorcycle racing! We can't get a BREAK in F1, but in Moto-X and MotoGP we are untouchable!

I take it you're not too much of a fan of the 21st century e-book, eh? Just kidding.

The only on-line reading I do is forums like this and "conspiracy" websites. :rolleyes:

Anyone who says that paper is dead obviously has not been following MeadWestVaCo or weyerhaeuser stock... :D

I think E-books are an interesting idea in theory, but they run counter to the whole idea of printing for the masses--they are expensive, hard to use by the technically non-saavy, and require special equipment to use. It is my opinion that e-books are a conspiracy of the Scholastic Elite to put an end to the printed mass media by taking printed material out of the hands of the "unwashed masses". I mean, what would Mr. Gutenberg think...

As long as humans have eyeballs, thumbs, and sit-down toilets, there will still be a vibrant market for hard-printed materials in this world. ;)

--Richard

member pics

NOT to steal the thread, but how many of us are in the D.C. area? I'm on the map, but I'm near the Virginia, N.C. border, but a D.C. meeting would be cool ! Lets start the thread?

audioraptured,

What part of VA are you in? I'm in the south - Newport News to be precise.

member pics

Zero, just across the bay in Chesapeake. How many more of us are there do you think??

My wife and I vacationing in Jamaica. Cold beer condensates so learn from me, dont rest a bottle on your shirt.

Attachments

• honey.jpg
    honey.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
A smashed computer nerd in Destin, FL smokin' a stogie
and sipping a single-malt scotch on the rocks...

Love the white sand in Destin... My wife is from Thomsville GA and has many stories (none to be repeated) about the fun in Destin. Whoo hooo :cheers:

A wonderful february day...

...with 20 degrees celsius in the shades. Incredible - Last year I was shoving snow all around. To celebrate this, what's better than a complex BBQ - 4 kinds of meat ?

Attachments

• feb3.jpg
    feb3.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 434
...with 20 degrees celsius in the shades. Incredible - Last year I was shoving snow all around. To celebrate this, what's better than a complex BBQ - 4 kinds of meat ?

Oh sure, rub it in. I'm tempted to call you a dirty name.

Struggling through our 6th consecutive week of snow in the Denver area. Temperature yesterday morning was -16F. Today it's a balmy 22F, but we've got 35mph winds to make it interesting.

Don't get me wrong. I love Colorado and will likely never move, but I'm tired of the intimate relationship I'm having with my snow shovel. I long to be out on the patio grilling assorted meats as well. Hope it tasted as good as it looks! ;)

Oh sure, rub it in. I'm tempted to call you a dirty name.

ROFL Mitt - be assured that this is something really uncommon and special. Of course, I was happy to feel a warm wind over my face in february - but then I began to really stare helplessly at a big concern developing in my mind, about global heating, weather going mad and similar stuff. It kinda spoiled it. In the sun there were 37° C (98° F) and this is not only unusual for february, it's ... frightening somehow. Exactly one year ago our garden looked like this:

Attachments

• oneyearago.jpg
    oneyearago.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
I watched a movie last night with a group of friends which explains all this.

We should all be worried.

Trailers:
http://www.paramountpictures.co.uk/films/an_inconvenient_truth/index.asp

Kach,
An Inconvienent Truth is a very powerful and thought provoking movie.
Scarry as hell.

I'm not much into politics, and never have been, But Al Gore impressed me with his presentation and conviction to wake the world up to the problem of Global Warming.

A must see movie for anyone who lives on this planet!

Back