Martin Logan with Halcro?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reybent

Reaction score
Anyone out there who has Halcro equipment with ML?
How is the combo?
I will soon recieve Halcro SSP220 and MC50, what is your opinion about it?

I originally auditioned my Summits with a Halcro SSP and amp combo..don't rememeber which models. They were an excellent match but I thought that I could do better with a tube preamp.

I think they're great amps, but have never heard them with MLs - only B&W 800Ds and Wilson Alexandrias.

Still - it begs the question - why have you ordered them if you have no idea how they sound? Halcros have a unique circuit design and I don't know how it copes with electrostatic load.

Not my cuppa. Sorry to rain on your parade, but Halcro with just about anything tends to be b-o-r-i-n-g. Ultra low distortion, yes. Low noise, yes. Everything else, especially involvement and fun to listen to, no way. I would tend to blame it on large amounts of feedback.

I got to to hear the Halcro but not with a ML (Wilson Sasha)...if you like detail like I do and can come up with $$$...go for it:music:

Halcro / CLS2z

I have the DM58/DM10 combo with my CLS2z's at present and the sound is utterly stunning. I switched from my Krell KPE (ref), KRC3, FPB combo and the sound quality is definitely a big step up.
The weakest link in my old gear is the KRC3, but with the Halcros, I don't need to reconnect to old Krell gear to try and analyse where to differences are..everthing is different and "better"!
Impedence load is completely a non issue.
Listened with Prodigy's.. they sounded wickedly good too, stunning bass control!
Best amp I had heard (previuosly) on my CLS's was a Burmester 911 and the Halcro sound is similar in many ways..would love to A/B with the Burmester again. Phono stage is right up there with the best too.
Can recommend unequivocally!

Last edited:
Goes to show (again) the importance of system synergy and, of course, personal preference.

And I would underscore the question posed by Adam. With all due respect, why ask now unless you have an audition / money back guarantee arrangement?

GG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back