New ReQuest Panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto on that, it really sucks up here in Canada don't know how any young people are going to buy a house nowadays unless you have 2 people working with 100,000 dollar saleries can't even save to buy one rents are 2250 for a 2 bdrm appartment then you have to buy everything else, the government rally did all this with the covid pandemic, but that's my opinion only.

Dave

Ditto on that, it really sucks up here in Canada don't know how any young people are going to buy a house nowadays unless you have 2 people working with 100,000 dollar saleries can't even save to buy one rents are 2250 for a 2 bdrm appartment then you have to buy everything else, the government rally did all this with the covid pandemic, but that's my opinion only.

Dave
Yes, the problem is just as bad here in the US. Hopefully things get better soon. Here the Fed is raising interest rates, trying to get inflation down. It has worked to a small degree, but now the banks are in trouble.
Most electronics have skyrocketed in price. The Aragon amp I bought just 7 years ago I paid $4200 for, and now the same amp sells for $14,000. It's an American company too, based in Indianapolis. Can't blame it on any import taxes.

Yes, the problem is just as bad here in the US. Hopefully things get better soon. Here the Fed is raising interest rates, trying to get inflation down. It has worked to a small degree, but now the banks are in trouble.
Most electronics have skyrocketed in price. The Aragon amp I bought just 7 years ago I paid $4200 for, and now the same amp sells for $14,000. It's an American company too, based in Indianapolis. Can't blame it on any import taxes.
Hopefully you are right but I don't see it getting better, it is going to get worse the gov only want 2 kinds of people rich or poor they want to get rid of the middle class, they have inherited too much money from parents who lived when you could get rich, and money brings power they don't want that. But as for your post that's an incredable increase in that amp, I guess if I want a new one I should be thinking about it now. Just bought a new bluesound node today should be at the shop in 2 or 3 days, really see a difference in tidal over spotify'

Dave

Back