Martin Logan - Super Systems... Seeing / Hearing is Believing

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That ML ~ ESL Sound...

I say they will be rectangle in shape. :D
rampage60,

As long as the CLX has that lovely ML sound... :music:

I wonder if the bass ESL panel will be powered, I mean with a dedicated class "D" amplifier inside? ;)

Attachments

• My Friend Praying.jpg
    My Friend Praying.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,208
  • CLS SPeakers.jpg
    CLS SPeakers.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,212
rampage60,

I wonder if the bass ESL panel will be powered, I mean with a dedicated class "D" amplifier inside? ;)

I wonder if they'll be too large for my room??? OR be able to turn all of it into the sweet spot.:D

You realize they will a lot more money than the Summits !

They are still struggling with the design and will hopefully get it done sometime in 2008. Personally I do not see it being a big sales item due to the expense and size.

Jeff:cool:

You realize they will a lot more money than the Summits !

They are still struggling with the design and will hopefully get it done sometime in 2008. Personally I do not see it being a big sales item due to the expense and size.

Jeff:cool:

Won't be in my room then:D What would be nice is a panel for around 2x that has to be mated with subs. I wonder if someone makes a panel monitor??

rampage60,

Robin, where did you get that haunting image on the left? Is it you at confession, or praying that you will be able to afford to buy the CLX ? :D

Robin,

I think those speakers in "Be Cool" are Scenarios, which would make sense, seing as how they are in Vinve Vaughn's characters office as main speakers. His character is all "bling"--if we REALLY had cred, he'd have Odyssey's...

Don't get me wrong--I have a pair of Scenarios, and they make GREAT mains if coupled with good amps and a decent sub, but I think he's driving them with a receiver in the movie...

--Richard

Me Praying For A New Pair of Future CLX's...

Robin, where did you get that haunting image on the left? Is it you at confession, or praying that you will be able to afford to buy the CLX ? :D
Bernard,

I'd love to have the first pair of CLX's from ML but I'll probably have to wait till around 2009 to actually acquire them considering my budget... :eek:

The photo is of Rachel Weiss looking out a window or confession window. :)

Electrostatic speaker technology sure has come a long way from these (below) to our current ML speakers... ;)

Attachments

• Older Quad Speakers.jpg
    Older Quad Speakers.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 921
  • Old Quad.jpg
    Old Quad.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 912
  • XPLS speakers.jpg
    XPLS speakers.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 918
CLS Beauties...

:music: These CLS's are simply lovely. I think so anyway :music:

Attachments

• CLSSpeakerHTRoom.jpg
    CLSSpeakerHTRoom.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,691
  • MePlayingGuitar.jpg
    MePlayingGuitar.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,613
Killer Sound From Above...

LOL...

I have to see that!

Better make sure you get the speaker placement just right!!

:)
tonepub,

Yes, electrostatic speaker placement is an obsession for sure... :music:

So much sound to consider all the time. :p

Attachments

• array_ceiling.jpg
    array_ceiling.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,607
  • ceiling_traps.jpg
    ceiling_traps.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,574
  • In Wall Speaker - Install.jpg
    In Wall Speaker - Install.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,575
  • Speaker Placement - Meadow Song Labs.jpg
    Speaker Placement - Meadow Song Labs.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,696
Nakamichi Curvacous Electrostatics...

:music: There are electrostatics that twist, curve and even flow around corners, like this Nakamichi has developed. Interesting concept anyway... :) But I would imagine Nakamichi's ESL's are just no comparison to Martin Logan's big sound. :D

Attachments

• Nakamichi speakers.jpg
    Nakamichi speakers.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,629
  • Fresh.jpg
    Fresh.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,658
Last edited:
:D Nsgarch's - super ML system encludes a Goldmund Studietto Mk II turntable with an SME Series V Tone Arm, with quite and extensive record collection as well... Yeah Baby, Yeah... ;)
attachment.php

I don't how good this system sounds (I'm sure VERY GOOD!) but this is my favorite photo of ANY ML setup!

Back