Martin Logan - Super Systems... Seeing / Hearing is Believing

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same thing?!?!

There is mastiff in a pug.... which is where bull dogs recieved their wrinkled noses.... as well as about 15 other old-world dog breeds :)

<- Family used to own a pet shop....HUGE dog fan.

The Dog Wisperer?

Different... Don't you watch The Dog Wisperer on National Geographic channel? One of my favs!!!
James,

:eek: Sorry, I hadn't watched that particular TV program. So the "Pug" is very much an all together different breed from the Bull Dog... Interesting... :eek:

BD,

Now... you are saying the "Pug" does have a portion of Bull dog in it's blood lines along with about 14 other dogs including Mastiff...? :eek:

Munster,

you are quite correct I'll change my post... Thank you

Now... you are saying the "Pug" does have a portion of Bull dog in it's blood lines along with about 14 other dogs including Mastiff...? :eek:

Come on now...how far back do you want to go? They all came from a particular canine ancestor millions of years ago (or at least hundreds of thousands anyway)... All dogs have a little of this and a little of that, some a little more of this or a little more of that, but Bull Dogs and Pugs have not been a common breed for what thousands of years maybe? I guess it could be just hundreds of years. My Whippets have only been a recognized breed for a little over 100 years, but their line probably goes back several hundred as the peasants in England were not allowed to own Greyhounds so they bread them down to the Whippet, and that was in the 1700's and 1800's as I recall... The Whippet breed was recognized by AKC in 1896 I think...TKC would have recognized the breed well before that...

Haha I was just joking around. Not much room for dog talk in an audio forum ;)

Just in case you really were interested in knowing Robin.... I meant that the Bulldog and pug would both have a common ancestor in a/the Mastiff.

OK... Back To The Good Stuff... A Good Clean Ascent System...

Lookie what I found.... :wow: :banana: A wonderful Ascent i System, without Pug... :D If you'll notice the equipment is completely concealed from view. :band:

Attachments

• Ascent i System.jpg
    Ascent i System.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,099
A Good Clean Ascent i System...

:D I was trying to figure out what was under the monitor, in the photo above, and it is an in-wall speaker... Could it be an ML Ticket used as a center channel? :p

I don't think that's a ticket. The tickets have a curved front. Unless there is some older version I don't know about - I'm no ML history expert!

Musical Montage System...

:D A Lovely addition to any home is the musical Montage... :D

Attachments

• Montage System 1.jpg
    Montage System 1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,052
  • Montage System - front.jpg
    Montage System - front.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,229
  • Montage - Speaker.jpg
    Montage - Speaker.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,056
The PS Audio Statement Bi-wire is as Thick as a Black Snake Moan...

i_dream_of_shaki,

That PS Audio Statement Bi-wire looks like a huge monster black snake attacking that poor unsuspecting Aeon i speaker... :eek1: It's like watching ~ Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins. I just want the Aeon i to live to see another day... :eek: Survival of the audio fittest is what it's all about.

"I suppose it all comes down to a simple fact really get busy livin' or get busy dyin'..."

Poor little Aeon i...

Attachments

• Mouse.jpg
    Mouse.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,008
Robin,

The Aeon i seems pretty happy and is making some sweet sound. I don't think she minds being roughed up by the big snake :angel:

Lovely Cherry Summit System...

:cheers: This particular Summit beautous system is very pretty in cherry... :cheers:

Attachments

• Cherry Summit System.jpg
    Cherry Summit System.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 912
  • Summit - Single View.jpg
    Summit - Single View.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 910
I think that cherry/aluminum is loganlove's system, which is currently up on audiogon! (well the summits are anyway)

Interesting...

I think that cherry/aluminum is loganlove's system, which is currently up on audiogon! (well the summits are anyway)
discocrap,

How strange as the system is listed as owner "Bamaboy". :) I'll bet that's an AKA for LOGANLOVE... Beautiful cherry Summits though... :D

discocrap,

How strange as the system is listed as owner "Bamaboy". :) I'll bet that's an AKA for LOGANLOVE... Beautiful cherry Summits though... :D

Loganlove's profile says he is from Cullman, AL - so that makes sense. :)

discocrap,

That should be Discocarp, not Discocrap (although I like the altered version...I was never a fan of disco) :D

Peter

Back