Martin Logan - Super Systems... Seeing / Hearing is Believing

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martin Logan Super ~ Summit System...

Lookie what I found a few minutes ago... :band: Summits in all their glory... :drool: Beautiful set-up if I do say so myself, and I do say so... :banana:

Attachments

• Summit Super System.jpg
    Summit Super System.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,303
Last edited:
HI,
I can definitely relate to the remote pile. Replaced all of them with a Philips TSU7000 Pronto Pro unversal remote. I love this gadget. There is a learning curve to custom program it.

The programming language is very simple once you get the hang of it. If you don't want to take advantage of the programming language there is a huge amount of free canned programs available for download. I prefer to do the programming myself because it results in a remote that is customized specifically for my needs. Plus, it's fun.

I strongly suggest the color touch screen. I had a hard time reading the monochrome screens in anything but perfect light and viewing angles.

Sparky

ML Statement e2... Nuf Said...

Well, I just finished checking this thread to see if I had already posted these marvelous photos before and I had not, or anyone else for that matter, so here goes... :p

First, I should perface this by saying, I am sorry this photo's are on the small side but that is just how I found them.

Second, Both of these photos were taken in the ML Company's experiemental sound lab in Lawrence, Kansas. The reason I love both photos so much are because they both show just how the ML sound engineers / technicians setting-up the sound lab studio in Lawrence, mounted the Script i's. The bottom Script i is traditionally mounted, where as, the Script i on top is mounted up-side-down on both surround sides (R & L) of the sound lab. ;)

Third, it is interesting to see, in the first photo, just what kinda electronical audio gear the ML company chose for their "What if" sound lab... :D

Fourth, Both photo's show more of the sonic rooms treatments used for this Mega ~ ML Super System. The curved ceiling and the defusers along the wall and the curvy ceiling at the back of the room. Amazing HT set-up ~ sonically and is all other ML audio ways... :D

Attachments

• statement_lab1.jpg
    statement_lab1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,203
  • statement_lab2.jpg
    statement_lab2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,201
Gayle ~ ML Sound Lab Room ~ "What-if"...

Yeah, and only ONE listening chair! For Gayle?
Neil,

Before I purchased my Logans, I had seen a ML pamphlet showing Gayle, in a series of photo's, supervising the building as well as the set-up of ML's sound lab room, in Lawrence, Kansas - from the gutted room to completion. Their was a photo of him finally sitting in that one listing chair with his head turned and smiling at the camara... :) I just wish, I could find all those photographs..., Oh well, I will someday soon....,

I just have to keep looking, that's all... :rolleyes:

Here is an interesting article regarding Gayle and ML from Feb 2005, with more recent photos of the the ML sound lab room...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ultimateavmag.com/images/archivesart/205plains.1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://ultimateavmag.com/installersview/205plains/&h=345&w=450&sz=38&hl=en&start=21&tbnid=i3bpYp2GW6inGM:&tbnh=97&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGayle%2BSanders%2B%26start%3D20%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Galye Martin Sanders and more recent photo's of the fabled ~ ML Sound Lab Room...

Attachments

• Gayle Martin Sanders.jpg
    Gayle Martin Sanders.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,148
  • More Recent Photos of ML Sound Lab.jpg
    More Recent Photos of ML Sound Lab.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,199
  • Close-up of ML Gear.jpg
    Close-up of ML Gear.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,181
  • ML Room.jpg
    ML Room.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,530
  • Close-up Front.jpg
    Close-up Front.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,178
Last edited:
I just have to keep looking, that's all...
Galye Martin Sanders and more recent photo's of the fabled ~ ML Sound Lab Room...

Must... keep... breathing... :drool: :drool: :drool: :wow:

Well, I just finished checking this thread to see if I had already posted these marvelous photos before and I had not, or anyone else for that matter, so here goes... :p

First, I should perface this by saying, I am sorry this photo's are on the small side but that is just how I found them.

Second, Both of these photos were taken in the ML Company's experiemental sound lab in Lawrence, Kansas. The reason I love both photos so much are because they both show just how the ML sound engineers / technicians setting-up the sound lab studio in Lawrence, mounted the Script i's. The bottom Script i is traditionally mounted, where as, the Script i on top is mounted up-side-down on both surround sides (R & L) of the sound lab. ;)

Third, it is interesting to see, in the first photo, just what kinda electronical audio gear the ML company chose for their "What if" sound lab... :D

Fourth, Both photo's show more of the sonic rooms treatments used for this Mega ~ ML Super System. The curved ceiling and the defusers along the wall and the curvy ceiling at the back of the room. Amazing HT set-up ~ sonically and is all other ML audio ways... :D

Do they still Make this speaker?

That's still the Martin Logan room to beat.... yowzers!

Not many systems I’m envious of, but that is one of them.

Although, because it was in Gayle’s personal home, it wasn’t exactly an ideal configuration.

The open rear is an issue IMHO, likewise the live ceiling (although, due to the dispersion characteristics of an ML, not that big a deal). In general it is a sufficiently large space to handle those Statement e2’s.
Most reports from people who auditioned it was that it sounded spectacular, but there was room for improvement.

My definition of an ideal ‘sound lab’ for ML’s would be a little more controlled in terms of dimensions and interior décor. But then again, all you have to do is see my custom designed bat-cave to see it might not be the prettiest thing…

But boy does it sound good ;)

I thought that room was in Gayle's house in Kansas.

Yes, that's what I was going to say too. I have those same pictures and the interview with Gayle somewhere where he was describing the process of building the room and the end result, but I can't find it.

But yes, it was in Gayles basement as I recal. They even did some excavation to make it deeper to improve room dimensions if my feeble memory serves me :eek:

The Founder With ML Speaker...

:D Gayle pictured with Request speaker and Sylos (I think)... :cheers:

Attachments

• Gayle with Request Speaker.jpg
    Gayle with Request Speaker.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,065
Yes, they are aerius. I sold them when this pic was out. At that time they also had the SL3 and the Monolith.

Back